Tag: insane hotel packagesView All Tags
We've just turned 10 but the original SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills is still a baby at 5 years old. Crazily enough, we were there when hotelier Sam Nazarian gave birth to the energetic hotel that would turn into a full-on, real deal hotel collection with a property in South Beach and more to open in New York, Vegas, Seattle and beyond.
And in typical flashy SLS style, they are celebrating the milestone in a major way.
The hotel has put together an extravagant package SLS 5-Year Anniversary package priced at $10,000 a night that includes a stay in the presidential suite, a truffle dinner for two, personal chaffuer in a BMW, a Ciel Spa experience and wait for it...two tickets to the opening of SLS Las Vegas.
Say what??? We had to double-check this package listing but it's for real. The two tickets are just simply tickets to the opening and not a hotel stay. But we're guessing that if you spend 10 grand on this package, you'll probably spend at least $250 on a hotel room at SLS in Vegas. Remember, SLS Vegas will open sometime in fall 2014.
A more affordable birthday gift for SLS is after the jump.
Here’s what you get in exchange for what amounts to a year’s salary for many:
Three nights in the 3,546 square-foot, 45th floor, two bedroom, three bathroom bi-level Penthouse Suite with views of Central Park and Times Square from every room.The master bedroom has a king-size Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed; the second bedroom has two doubles.
Bottomless wine tasting with in-house wine expert David Ocampo, featuring wines rated 90+ by Wine Spectator. from wineries such as Chateau Ste. Michelle, Seghesio, Villa Antinori, Peter Lehmann, M. Chapoutier, Paul Cluver and Domaine Lafond.
A two-hour cooking session with Executive Chef Joe Fontanals in the suite’s full kitchen and dining room
Access to the 44th floor Club Lounge with 24/7 complimentary beverages and snacks
Upon booking the Penthouse Escape package, guests have an initial consultation with a member of the hotel’s culinary team to discuss their food interests and any special requests. Guests then receive copies of recipes created during the experience.
Insane Hotel Packages / Hotel Breakfast / Dorchester Collection / Dorchester Collection Hotels / Luxury Hotels / London Hotels / UK Hotels / → All Tags
The next time you’re checking into The Dorchester and they ask you to state your name, you could just say, “Bond. James Bond.”
With the release of William Boyd’s new 007 novel, Solo, a few short weeks back, you can—quite literally—insert yourself in the story at The Dorchester. The London hotel is the setting for the opening scene of Boyd’s new Bond book, in which 007 is described as treating himself to a 45th birthday breakfast in 1969. In the book, Bond’s breakfast at The Dorchester consists of “four eggs, scrambled with pepper sprinkled on top, half a dozen rashers of unsmoked bacon, well done, on the side and a long draught of strong black coffee.”
If you order Bond’s birthday breakfast, the hotel will help set the scene by offering you an iPod loaded with hits from the 60s, giving you an extract from a national newspaper and the menu from 1969, and serving your breakfast silver service-style in keeping with the 60s. Once a week, a table will be chosen at random to be charged The Grill's 1969 price, a sum just short of £2 ($2.70).
And yet, for the first time ever in the Middle East, coming up September 20-27 and then again December 6-13, the DJ Dispensary (a collective of luxury travel and 12-inch vinyl experts) will be at Six Senses Zighy Bay, Oman, hosting well-heeled, spa-loving Tiestos-in-training for uber-exclusive “DJ retreats.”
Drop the beat, yo. Sound the alarm.
Well ladies and gentlemen, the US Tennis Open is in full swing and if you are anything like us, you totally plan on tuning in when it gets down to the nitty gritty. Because let’s be frank unless you are REALLY into tennis, some of what comes before the final days of the competition is a little less engaging than, say, Superbowl.
BUT, if you happen to be someone who does live and breathe the sport, this particular package will knock your socks off. Actually, who are we kidding, you get to hang out with Sir Richard Branson as a part of this deal, so even if you despise the sport, we think you can fake it and just enjoy a killer vacation in the Caribbean. Plus ten percent of the cost goes to charity, so if nothing else just
lie develop a love of the sport for a good cause.
If you have ever found yourself wondering what it might be like to be treated like royalty for the day, we have come across a package, that if nothing else, comes pretty darn close. At least in the spa treatment and health department. Ladies, this one is most certainly for you, as the program is exclusively for those of the female persuasion.
Hotel Deals / Hotel Promo Codes / Insane Hotel Packages / Travelzoo / Orient-Express Hotels / → All Tags
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
DEALS, DEALS, DEALS*
· The Lullaby of Broadway is a Buy Once More: The Milford Plaza in Times Square finally got a property-wide renovation and we're happy to report the hotel with the catchiest commercial jingle of the '80s looks good again. And Travelzoo is now offering a great deal for summertime, peak season for NYC hotels, for just $179 a night. That rate actually works for Thursday-Saturday stays in June and July, and it includes free WiFi. Plus, the hotel is open over Fourth of July starting at $159 a night. There are blackout dates (June 6, 30 and July 6) and you have to book by March 27. Going to NYC before June? The hotel has rates for just $199 in April and May. Go to Travelzoo to book.
· Live It Up In Vegas for 20 Percent Less: The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas is one of the most sought-after party spots on The Strip from its raging pool scene to its massive nightclub Marquee and its restaurant funland featuring Holstein's, Scarpetta, STK and two shops from chef José Andrés. Now you can stay there for 20 percent off thanks to Vegas.com's new deal. The offer is good for stays from now through September 30, but you have to book before May 30. A three-night minimum is required and there are some blackout dates (Memorial Day, Labor Day and a few others) but we found rates from May 10-13 for $186 a night, compared with $233. Go here to book.
· Upgrade Yourself at the Newest Orient-Express Hotel: Orient-Express Hotels has snapped and spiffed up the legendary El Encanto Resort in Santa Barbara, which now features 92 individually designed California-style bungalows, with hardwood floors, plantation-style shutters, and bespoke accessories. The first West Coast hotel for O-E also has its own spa, a lush garden wonderland, views of the Pacific Ocean and even its own Holstein cow, Ellie, whose milk is used to produce handmade cheese for the hotel's restaurant. Rates for a superior bungalow are pricey at $525 a night but the Enchanted Upgrade package gives guests a one- category upgrade at the time of booking. It's only valid until May 31st (excluding Memorial Day Weekend) so book soon. Call 805-845-4008 and mention the Enchanted Upgrade option. The hotel has a bunch of other offers on tap too that might interest you.
Olympics Hotels / Hotel Packages / Hotel Cocktails / Affinia Hotels / Morgans Hotel Group / Insane Hotel Packages / → All Tags
Hotels around the world are going crazy for the 2012 Summer Olympics from specialty cocktails to outrageous Olympics-inspired packages. Here are five U.S. hotels that are going for gold in the sport of attracting Olympics watchers. We'll have even more next week!
· The London NYC: There are several ways to get in the Olympics mood at The London. The hotel's London Bar is serving specialty cocktails such as the vodka-based Ultimate Olympics and the Olympics Wakaya Ginger mocktail. The afternoon tea time even feature a new Japanese Sencha Green Tea selection known to be rich in anti-oxidants and to promote wellness of the mind and body. Room service is churning out some super food smoothies and a wellness fruit plate. Rates at the midtown hotel start around $379 a night next weekend.
· The Eventi Hotel, New York City: This Chelsea hotel is hosting their own Opening Ceremonies tomorrow with a bunch of Olympics-inspired games and events like Beer Olympics (beer slides, KEG STANDS, quarters, BEER PONG and arm wrestling), horseshoes, croquet, tug of war, free arcade games, fake commentaries of your favorite sports from Upright Citizens Brigade, neighborhood scavenger hunts and even sprinklers to cool off under. The party starts tomorrow at 7pm. Head to the Facebook page for more info.
As you can see from this room shot above, what makes The Saguaro Scottsdale stand out from most other hotels is the abundance of eye-popping colors. And these happy hues aren't found just in the guest rooms but rather throughout the hotel's public spaces and even down by the pool area.
The duo responsible for the colorful look is the design team of Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat of Stamberg Aferiat Architecture who used "12 vibrant tones found in native desert wildflowers" as the foundation for the color scheme. The colors also follow the light spectrum which then creates different perspectives of the hotel depending on the time of day. It's crazy scientific yo!
While we recommended that other hotels start using more happy colors as part of our New Year's resolutions for hotels, it turns out you can learn how to use color in your own home, thanks to The Saguaro's new The Colors of Modern package which includes a private home consultation with Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat!
Massage by James Bond: not guaranteed
Unsure of what to get your woman for Christmas? Well, if the ads are anything to go by, wimmen like gold and they like spas. From personal experience, we’d also add holidays in Italy, so a combination of all three could put you onto a winner.
That’s possibly the thinking behind the new Golden Body treatment at posh hotel Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort in Tuscany. The two hour treatment starts with a scrub, but not just any scrub – one enriched with ginger, chamomile, silk protein and jojoba oil. Then they apply a gel containing, among other things, caffeine (which, as your laydee will tell you, is meant to help cellulite) and, uh, “flecks of 24-carat gold”.
But that’s not all. Next up is a massage, and then, in the words of the hotel (because otherwise you may not believe it)
the 'Goldfinger moment' arrives as the body is enveloped with a mask of gold dust and ground ginger
And then you’re moisturized. No gold involved in that part.
Miami Hotel Mambo / Insane Hotel Packages / Celebrity Scoop / Labor Day Hotels / Fontainebleau / Champagne Hotels / Jay-Z / → All Tags
Dwayne Wade's Fantasy Camp may be going down at the Miami Beach hotel this weekend, but there's even bigger fish in this pond. It is reported that Jay-Z blew $250,000 on champagne for his Watch the Throne release party. And $50,000 in tips at Scarpetta, where he noshed on posh Italian with his entourage. We shudder to think what kind of numbers were on his room folio.
The Ames in Boston is actually a great place to watch sports--you can watch games from the shower!
Ah, pre-season football is here! And with it, the start of the hotel football packages.
But one in particular caught our eye, mostly because it is so bizarre. The La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, just outside of Houston, is offering a Fantasy Football Widows Package, for "loved ones who slowly become widows to the digital fantasy roster that consumes a football fan’s every thought through the very last day of the NFL season."