Tag: Women Only HotelsView All Tags
London Hotels / Themed Hotel Rooms / Themed Hotels / Women-Friendly Hotels / Women Only / Women Only Hotels / Copenhagen Hotels / → All Tags
Following in the footsteps of Copenhagen's Bella Sky Comwell, who devised an all-female floor to cater to XX chromosome guests, another hotel is stepping things up for the ladies, this time in London. The Dukes Hotel has anointed some of its suites "Duchess Rooms," themed to attract women clientele.
While this kind of marketing ploy was recently ruled illegal in the Danish capital, London is willfully flaunting notions of political correctness by providing a package of clichéd feminine perks to "tempt single female travelers or groups of women," according to the NY Daily News.
Copenhagen Hotels / Women-Friendly Hotels / Women Only / Women Only Hotels / Hotel Floor Plans / → All Tags
Twenty-First Century Betty Friedans looking for female-friendly lodgings on their next trip to Copenhagen would do well to stay at the Bella Sky Comwell. The hotel's Bella Donna floor is touted as the "first women-centered" project of its kind in the hotel world, and has been curated to appeal strictly to a ladylike demographic. We think Manhattan's The Pierre could learn a thing or two from these guys.
Just how successful are they? Well, that, of course, depends on your idea of femininity.
OK, so men are from Mars and women are from Venus. But do they want to stay at different hotels? We’ve seen plenty of girly hotel packages in our travels, but some properties go even further, with amenities geared towards women and in some cases, women only floors.
Our initial reaction is that this sounds a little too much like bitchy boarding school, but we can certainly see how this could make us feel safer in certain places. What do you think? Whether it’s for security or for the female-friendly extras, would you seek out a women-only hotel or women-only floor?
There's tons of hotel news flying around this week and we don't have time to give each and every story the love and attention it may deserve, so you will have to settle for some news briefs.
· NYLO Hotels Coming to Colorado: NYLO will open a 176-room hotel in Interlocken Technology Park in Broomfield, Colo. in late 2009. That above is the game room in the LOFT which will be designed by STUDIOS Architecture. [NYLO Hotels]
· Women-Only Wings Taking Off Hotels with special floors or wings for females-only are getting more and more popular. [WalletPop]
· Historic Myanmar Hotel: Fancy a trip to Burma to experience life the way the old British colonials did it? The Strand Hotel is still standing. [AP]
· Yet Another Sneak Preview at The SLS Hotel: The hotel is opening sometime in November and French designer Pascal Humbert did the employee unis. [LA Times]
· Wacky Winehouse Story: Gossip reports are saying Amy Winehouse was so smashed after her last festival gig that she was smuggled out of the hotel in the hotel's duvet. We wonder if they charged her for that? [oneindia]