Tag: Vieques HotelsView All Tags
Gay Wedding Hotels / LGBT Hotels / W Hotels / Vieques Hotels / Puerto Rico Hotels / Destination Wedding Hotels / Hotel Weddings / → All Tags
The first same-sex wedding performed at W Retreat and Spa, Vieques Island
Same-sex marriage rights are being honored more and more across the country and now Puerto Rico's The W Retreat & Spa, Vieques Islandhas become the first hotel to exclusively partner with an LGBT wedding planner.
The resort has joined with Bernadette Coveney Smith and her customized “14 Stories Wedding Day” business to offer same-sex couples an opportunity to exchange vows on Vieques.
Coveney Smith's 14 Stories is said to be the first business in the U.S. to specialize in planning legal gay and lesbian weddings.
Couples who host their nuptials at the W's deluxe hotel can expect the following:
· A legal marriage ceremony performed in NYC or Boston
· 45 off-site planning hours
· One pre-wedding tasting and planning on Vieques Island with Coveney Smith and the W's culinary team
· Coveney Smith’s attendance fee to personally oversee the Vieques ceremony and rehearsal
· Post-marriage resources specializing in the LGBT community
· A personalized website for guests to book hotel rooms, view photos, learn about wedding festivities and the couple’s complimentary registry
· A donation to a marriage equality charity on the couple’s first anniversary
· 12,000 Starwood Preferred Guest points which can be redeemed towards a free night at W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island and other onsite options.
Hotel News / Hotel Restaurants / Celebrity Chefs / W Hotels / Alain Ducasse / Vieques Hotels / Puerto Rico Hotels / → All Tags
After weeks of asking various members of the W Vieques team about Alain Ducasse’s departure from the hotel’s kitchen a few months ago, and receiving limp responses, the company has finally announced a new chef and name change.
Fernando Coppola is the new Executive Chef of Sorcé, the restaurant that’s thankfully swapped out the old (and irritating) name of miX on the Beach. Coppola was the sous chef there and has been promoted, though the company says Coppola is not “technically replacing Ducasse since Duccasse’s role was not to be on-site and in the kitchen on a daily basis.” Fair enough. But with the initial build up of Ducasse coming to the W Vieques in the first place back in 2010, and now that his presence is…gone…we’re not sure what other word to use for Coppola than replacement.
The W Vieques released this statement:
“When W debuted on Vieques Island, it created a new way to escape, and we would like to thank Chef Alain Ducasse and his culinary team for creating a dynamic, first-rate dining destination that was key to this successful launch,” said Greg White, general manager of W Vieques. “As we evolve to meet the needs of our jet set guests, our food and beverage strategies remain critical to enhancing overall guest experience while also drawing in locals.”