Tag: Valentine's Day HotelsView All Tags
On Friday, we shared a deal we found for a hotel room in NYC going for the very reasonable rate of $115/night on Quikbook. Now, we get that this is still winter and all—aka the slow period for hotels—but that post made us stop and think to ourselves, 'Surely there are other ways to enjoy NYC without breaking the bank on a hotel room?'
And indeed, when you're willing to get a little creative, there are.
Start with Manhattan's flophouse-turned-chic-hotel, the Bowery House. Rates here start as low as $49/night for bunks and $59/night for cabins, though honestly, you may as well bite the bullet and go for one of the cabins. You'll forget all about that $10 difference once you end up with one of those cute cubbyhole rooms all to yourself!
V-Day is now less than a week away and if you've planned on doing a romantical weekend in Vancouver with your honey but are clueless on everything else, then you should probably book a room at the OPUS Hotel where there's now a Cupid Concierge on staff. The cupid concierge even has their own email! (Cupid@OpusHotel.com)
This specialty concierge of love is a part of the hotel's Exclusively Yours romance package which has the standard love weekend amenities of bubbly at check-in, more bubbly in the guestroom, fresh flowers, breakfast in bed and a late check-out. The concierge will also set up a framed photo of you and your lovah along with a love note when you arrive in the room.
If you need help planning something a little more extravagant, the Cupid Concierge is the one to call whether it's to arrange a romantic experience about town, craft a handwritten love sonnet or plan a gourmet picnic with wine selected by a private sommelier.
The package starts at $295 a night (not including any costs associated with other romantic activities) and is available throughout the rest of the year. So any day can be V-Day at the Opus Vancouver.
Last week we rounded up some hotels for lovers this Valentine's Day but if you're not currently attached, that doesn't mean you can't hit up a hotel for V-Day. Quite a few hotels have put together some fun packages and events for singletons. In fact, we're kind of jealous. These are waaaay more exciting than champagne and rose petals. Here's where you can let your single flag fly high and proud.
· Four Seasons Miami: The downtown Miami hotels is hosting a "Lonely Hearts Club group dinner on Valentine's Day. Served in a communal table in the Hotel’s new restaurant, Edge Steak and Bar, the prix fixe dinner will serve singletons Love Sucks (stacks of east coast seafood), Burnt Bitter and Bleu (bitter greens salad, burnt almond praline, blue cheese and balsamic), Home Alone TV Dinner (whole roast prime rib, truffle macaroni and cheese and vegetable succotash) and the Broken Hearted Napoleon with passion (less) fruit sauce. The cost is $65 per person but the hotel says in case a love match is made at the dinner, rooms are available starting at $469 per night. Call 305-358-3535 for reservations.
Leap Year Hotels / Hotel Deals / Hotel Packages / Manhattan Hotels / Grand Hyatt Hotels / San Antonio Hotels / Hilton Hotels / Boston Hotels / Hotel Spas / Disney Hotels / London Hotels / Hotel Concierges / Valentine's Day Hotels / → All Tags
Yes, it's a Leap Year! An entire day added to the month, an entire extra day for some hotel-lovin'. And the hotels are pretty excited about it too! We've hunted around for the best Leap Year deals from San Antonio to New York to London. Unsurprisingly, several of them overlap with Valentine's Day festivities—but as they say, bargains make the heart grow fonder...
Grand Hyatt New York, fresh from its recent $130 million renovation, is feeling generous. So they're singling out people who are either turning 29 this year or who were born on a leap year. While the 29-year-olds actually make out with something cool (free appetizer or dessert at New York Central, pictured above), leap year babies (anyone born in 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996, etc), as usual, get the short end of the stick. That would be a "free" Dylan's Candy Bar cupcake...-shaped tin (not even an actual cupcake!) from the hotel's 24-hour convenience store, Market.
With a purchase of $9 or more. Seriously. These guys only celebrate their birthday once every four years. Can't we just give them a free cupcake and call it a day? Rates from $309.
There's less than two weeks now until Valentine's Day and if you haven't made plans with your schmoopie, well then you better get started. We've been inundated with a ton of Valentine's Day hotel deals and promotions and we're trying to keep up with them all. Here are a few more romantical options for Los Angeles Hotels as well as Orange County and Palm Springs. Got a particular location in mind for V-Day? Let us know and we'll tell you what sort of love connection is happening there.
· Peninsula Beverly Hills: The luxury hotel is offering a Romantic Retreat which includes a three-course candlelight dinner in a private pool cabana, a 60-minute couple’s massage at The Peninsula Spa, one bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries upon arrival and daily American breakfast for two. Package rates start at $745 a night for a deluxe room and is available from February 1-May 31st.
· Mondrian Los Angeles: The Morgans hotel on Sunset in West Hollywood is offering a pretty straightforward sweetheart package that includes complimentary upgrade, a split bottle of champagne, early check-in, late check-out, continental breakfast for two and free WiFi. Rates start at $315 a night. The offer is good from February 12-24, use code PKLOVE to book.
There's less than two weeks now until Valentine's Day and if you haven't made plans with your schmoopie, well then you better get started. We've been inundated with a ton of Valentine's Day hotel deals and promotions and we're trying to keep up with them all. Here are a few more romantical options for Chicago Hotels since it's officially the hottest hotel scene these days. Got a particular location in mind for V-Day? Let us know and we'll tell you what sort of love connection is happening there.
· Four Seasons Chicago: The luxury hotel is offering lovers a Midnight Dip and Sip where from midnight to 2am on February 10-11 and February 17-18 adult guests can do some night-swimming in the hotel's indoor pool and hot tub. Afterwards, they can bring some bubbly back to their room before getting busy under the sheets, er, whispering sweet nothings to one another. Rooms start at $319 a night for the hotel's Experience More package which offers a $100 hotel credit when booking a two-night stay.
It's just two weeks now until Valentine's Day and if you haven't made plans with your schmoopie, well then you better get started. We've been inundated with a ton of Valentine's Day hotel deals and promotions and we're trying to keep up with them all. Here are a few more romantical options for NYC since we know that's a fave destination for you lovers. We'll have more cities to come throughout the week. Got a particular location in mind for V-Day? Let us knowLet us know and we'll tell you what sort of love connection is happening there.
· The London NYC: The all-suite hotel on West 54th Street is offering two Valentine's Day packages--the Classic and the Modern. The Classic is pretty standard--flowers, champagne, bath salts and chocolates while the Modern offers a 60-minute in-suite couples massage, along with Gordon Ramsay Martini and assorted canapés prepared by the culinary team of Gordon Ramsay. Rooms start at $547 a night for the Modern package and $564 for the classic. Both packages include a stay in a London suite.
Valentine's Day Hotels / Miami Hotel Mambo / Romantic Hotels / Hotel Spas / Hotel Restaurants / → All Tags
Hotels in Miami are never cheap--and Valentine's Day is no exception. But isn't it worth dropping a little more than you're used to at this time of year? Down in South Beach, there's a breeze in the balmy air and pools to wander about in. Clothes barely required.
Here are three hotels getting their romance on for guests checking in on or near February 14...
How's this for romance? The Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi is luring couples with a "Sense of Romance" package that would spark even the dullest flame of desire between a pair of nuns. Yes, dinner by candlelight. Yes, a bed of roses. Yes, those Sangre de Cristo mountains in the background.
And, for fun, an hour appointment with the hotel's Romance Expert, a designated concierge who presides over the Front Desk spouting fathomless knowledge about the ins and outs of true amor. Or, in more accessible terms: where to dine, what spa treatment to book, and where to go stargazing.
Valentine's Day Hotels / Manhattan Hotels / Andaz Hotels / InterContinental Hotels / Kimpton Hotels / Hotel Chocolate / Hotel Bathrobes / Hotel Restaurants / Hotel Sex / → All Tags
Unlike other industries, where it's just about guzzling free candy and wearing too many red cardigans, Valentine's Day is a special time of year for hotels. The January slump is suddenly reversed by couples seeking out romantic getaways, anonymous hook-ups, and indulgent spa treatments. Not to mention special food that puts you in that special mood. Here are our three picks for Valentine's Day hotels in NYC.
Remember when we found out Kimpton Hotels devoted an entire month to flaunt their funky leopard-, giraffe-, and zebra-print bathrobes? And remember how, unless you were a guest, it was kinda hard to get one? Well, that part is still the same. But they're making it more worth your while with a month-long "Robe-mance" package ($269, booking code ROBES) that includes a $25 dining and beverage credit and two robes.
Weep your salty, solitary tears on this bed
It’s been a week since Valentine’s Day now. Have those seven days seen you walking on rose petals, fuelled by Cupid’s darts? Or have you comfort eaten a burger on the hour, every hour, to deal with the fallout?
If it’s the former, well done, we’re happy for you, now please jog on. But if you fall into the latter category, worry ye not, because you could reap the rewards of your crap V Day.
You have until the end of the month to relate your crappy Valentine’s story to the people of Cambria Suites, and, if yours is deemed one of the three worst, you get a prize to console you for, you know, the humiliation.
Top prize is airfare for two (your BFF please – they’ve put up with your moans, after all), a three night stay in a premier suite at a Cambria Suites hotel of your choice, $150 dining credit, welcome package worth $100 and – get this - $1000 Visa giftcard.
Second and third prizes aren’t bad, either – second is a two night stay at any property, plus flights, $100 dining credit and welcome package. And third prize is the same, minus the flights.
The Chatwal is ready for your sexytime.
Fear not, Casanovas and Casanovettes: It's not too late to impress your lover on the 14th! We've dug up five V-Day packages that are still available for Monday night—and offer a little something more than months-old chocolate-covered strawberries. (Because, gross.) Have fun out there, and don't forget to leave a big tip for housekeeping.
Jewelry Shopping at The Chatwal: The midtown Manhattan hotel is turning its Stanford White Studio into an Asprey jewelry shop, with everything from an $80 money clip to a $15,400 diamond-and-white gold ring, open only to overnight guests tonight. A bigger, Luxe & Lace package, including two nights, a La Perla welcome gift, drinks at the Lambs Club Bar and a chauffeured shopping trip to La Perla and Asprey on Madison Avenue, starts at $629 a night.