Tag: Tel Aviv HotelsView All Tags
Hotel News / Hotel Openings / Hotel Hype / Palm Springs Hotels / Dolce Resorts / Kimpton Hotels / Pittsburgh Hotels / Ritz-Carlton Hotels / W Hotels / Tel Aviv Hotels / → All Tags
Once again, the hotel openings and announcements news is coming fast and furious. So here's a short list of hot hotels coming to a city near you.
· The Dolce Palm Springs, which we told you the other month was intended to be a Mondrian Palm Springs, now has an opening timeframe. Construction will begin early next year and should be completed by 2015. We've also got a rendering of the resort on East Amado Road. We're loving the pops of bright color throughout. Aside from 210 rooms, the Dolce Palm Springs will have 15,000 sq.ft. of flexible function space, landscaped outdoor event space, two restaurants, a lounge, a recording studio, screening room, outdoor pools spa and fitness center.
· Kimpton Pittsburgh: Kimpton Hotels is heading to Pittsburgh with their Hotel Monaco brand.
An adaptive reuse of the city’s iconic James H. Reed Building, originally built in 1903, the new Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh will feature 247 rooms, nearly 9,000 square feet of meeting and event space and a chef-driven, 120-seat restaurant with a prominent corner entrance. Slated for a late 2014 opening, the nine story property is located at the intersection of 6th Avenue and William Penn Way, across from prestigious Mellon Square and in the heart of the city’s bustling Golden Triangle area. The new hotel’s interiors will reflect a locally inspired and distinctive take on the vibrant and whimsical Hotel Monaco style.
Kimpton also has new hotels planned for Savannah, Georgia, Palm Springs, Milwaukee and San Antonio, all opening by 2015.
· Ritz-Carlton Opening Seemingly Everywhere: Ritz-Carlton Hotels announced a major openings and expansion plans last week with the goal of having 100 properties by 2016. That's 20 more than what they have now. Six new RC hotels are expected to open this year, including The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, The Ritz-Carlton, Herzliya, Israel and The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore in India. Next year, RC will open in Kyoto, Japan; Nanjing, China; Rabat, Morocco; Cairo, Egypt; Manesar, India, and Bali. Then in 2015, it will open in Cabo San Lucas (!); Oman, Muscat; Bali (again); Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam; Tunis, Tunisia; and Haikou, China.
Hotel News / Hotel Openings / Indigo Hotels / Barcelona Hotels / Cardiff Hotels / Tel Aviv Hotels / IHG Hotels / → All Tags
Indigo fans, get ready to say 'Hola,' 'Shalom,' and....er, how do people greet each other in Wales? Anyway, what we mean to say is that the budget boutique brand, which is spreading like wildfire around the European continent and beyond, has just announced Hotel Indigo Barcelona-Plaza Catalunya, which, along with the upcoming Indigo Tel Aviv and Indigo Cardiff, will mark Indigo's first properties in each of those countries.
Financial tells us that Hotel Indigo Barcelona-Plaza Catalunya will be located in Barcelona's center, a few blocks away from Paseo de Gracia, and will offer 77 rooms.
More than 40 years after the Beatles were banned from playing in Israel, Sir Paul McCartney has landed in Tel-Aviv and checked into the Dan Hotel and will be preparing for an historic performance tonight.
The Dan, if you'll recall, was featured on this humble little website when one of our readers was so kind as to review it for us. To recap: the property is posh, it's located in the city's center and it's steps from the beach.
Every so often we feature a hotel review from one of our readers that we feel should be shared with the rest of you dear hotel guests. These reviews are highlighted because they are timely, about cool hotels in cool places and are relatively level-headed. Think you can submit one just like this? Send it in. Now, we present you with reader P's review of the Dan Hotel in Tel Aviv. Enjoy.
Tel Aviv is a city on the brink. With a daily-changing political climate in the region, there's a constant uncertainty in the air.
In recent years, the city has seen a slowing of the once widely reported suicide bombings and other violence and has entered a renaissance of sorts.
With that, tourism has increased steadily and the hospitality business has begun to respond to the demand. A vibrant cafe culture, excellent boutique shopping, an exciting restaurant-scene and a booming nightlife--the town has something for everyone.
During our recent visit, we stayed the Dan Tel Aviv. The hotel is set in the center of the city, steps from the beach and near to several cultural and shopping attractions. A member of the leading hotels of the world, one half of the hotel was more recently renovated with a modern aesthetic.
There's tons of hotel news flying around this week and we don't have time to give each and every story the love and attention it may deserve, so you will have to settle for some news briefs.
· Another Bear Sighting: A cinnamon baby bear was spotted swimming in a pool with guests at the Best Western Peaks Motel in Ouray, Colorado. Apparently the little guy "just jumped in for a little bit, and then crawled his way out." Much like his counterpart in Orlando.
· Deer is Hilton's First Guest: A deer crashed through a window at the Hilton Garden Inn in Sioux City, which is in final stages of construction. The deer "galloped a round a room and destroyed a designer chair." The Garden Inn will still open on schedule in July.
The meticulously renovated 1920s mansion has been updated with more contemporary indulgences, like a haute Southeast Asian eatery on the ground floor. Upstairs, rooms have private balconies and original period furnishings--think chairs, tables, and sofas by German designers Thonet--and art by the city's contemporary up-and-comers.
· $4 Rooms (kinda) at the St. Regis New York: NewYorkology reports that the St. Regis in New York is offering rooms for $4 for a night as a way to celebrate its history but there is a catch. You have to book two nights in a suite and the first night will cost ya at least $2,100.
· Presidio Hotel?: The Presidio in San Francisco, a historic military base, might be getting a 125-room hotel along with a museum and an entertainment center.