Tag: Riviera Maya HotelsView All Tags
Hotel News Briefs / Conrad Hotels / Luxury Collection Hotels / Chicago Hotels / Edition Hotels / JW Marriott Hotels Minneapolis Hotels / W Hotels / DoubleTree Hotels / Hawaii Hotels / Riviera Maya Hotels / Hotel Delays / → All Tags
So much hotel news, so little time – here are a few snippets to keep you up to date with the latest news from around the world!
· Conrad Chicago, shown above, will cease to be a part of Hilton Hotels later this fall and will instead join Starwood's Luxury Collection group. No word yet on what the new name will be. [Source: Hotel News Resource]
· Fresh off opening their New York property, EDITION Hotels will open next year in Sanya, China; Thailand and Abu Dhabi with Shanghai and Times Square to happen in 2017 and West Hollywood in 2018. Paris has inexplicably dropped off the website although Edition folk say it is still happening. Also happening that's not yet listed? The Reijavkik Edition in Iceland. We cannot wait. [Source: Edition Hotels website]
· The 342-room JW Marriott Minneapolis, which will have direct access to the Mall of America, is set to open in November. However, the website is accepting reservations right now for stays from January 1, 2016 and beyond. [Source: JW Marriott Hotels]
· A tipster wrote into tell us that the W Retreat Kanai in Riviera Maya, Mexico, which last we heard was opening in July 2015, is now opening in January 2018, according to the W Hotels website. Yup, that seems about right for W Hotels. [Source: Tipster and W Hotels]
· After announcing a Hilton Garden Inn for Hawaii, Hilton is now going to install their DoubleTree by Hilton brand in the iconic Hilo Naniloa Hotel and Golf Club on the Big Island. The hotel is currently closed as it goes under a $16 million renovation. It should reopen as DoubleTree later this year. [Source: Pacific Business News]
Hard Rock Hotels / Hotel Openings / Riviera Maya Hotels / All-Inclusive Resorts / Hotel Design / → All Tags
Ok, we don't actually see Bon Jovi in this picture, but you get the idea.
Cinco de Mayo on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula sounds pretty good, doesn’t it? Add to that the sounds of rocker Jon Bon Jovi and the Kings of Suburbia, who just kicked off the opening of the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Hard Rock Hotels knows how to throw a party— and a few guitars—and that’s just what they did to celebrate their all-inclusive resort, about an hour's drive south of Cancun.
This is the third All Inclusive Collection resort for Hard Rock Hotels in Mexico, following the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta and the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
We thought the Viceroy Riviera Maya had won the best turndown service award with their plunge pool turndown but another resort in the area may just have them beat.
The Belmond Maroma (remember, Belmond is the new name for Orient Express) does a resort-wide turndown service every night. All around the property, candles are lit--along the walkways, in the lobby, at the restaurants, by the beach and around the pool (above.) Did we mention this happens every night?
The Belmond Maroma boasts a more secluded location than other resorts in the Cancun area, set amongst 25 acres of preserved jungle with the beach and ocean in front of it. Of course, you will pay for this. Deluxe rooms start at $815 a night which includes breakfast, coffee in-room, internet and a welcome cocktail. You may be able to score a slight discount by booking Belmond's introductory offer of 15 percent off standard room rates. The deal is valid on bookings made by June 26 for travel by June 30, 2014.
[Photo: Belmond Maroma/Facebook]
Turndown Service / Hotel Turndown / Hotel Packages / Viceroy Hotels / Mexico Hotels / Beach Hotels / Beach Resorts / Riviera Maya Hotels / → All Tags
If you’re looking to heat things up at night, this may just be the turndown service for you.
The Viceroy Riviera Maya is now offering a new Plunge Pool Romantic Turndown that involves aromatherapy, candles and lanterns, music, food, and drink – all set under the stars on your private terrace with its own plunge pool.
At the prescribed time, the hotel’s Concierge arranges for the turndown with the options you’ve pre-selected:
• Aromatherapy choice includes Relaxation, Romance and Rejuvenate
• Mood music may be anything from love songs, Latin rhythms or your own iPod playlist
• Lanterns and flower petals rim the perimeter of the pool, and candles are floated in it
• Choice from the special turndown food and beverage menu, from champagne and fruit to after-dinner drinks and dessert creations by the pastry chef
• Plush robes and towels to cozy up in
The Plunge Pool Romantic Turndown is $99. Other romantic options are available for an additional cost, such as a bouquet of three-dozen red roses for $105.00 and Chocolate Fondue for $25.
The 41 villas at the Viceroy Riviera Maya start at $393 in July for a Sun, Sea and Solitude package in a Deluxe Villa, which includes breakfast and a $100 resort credit.
[Photos: Viceroy Hotels & Resorts]
The Viceroy Riviera Maya has always had an impressive selection of guest rooms, or rather, villas from the luxury villas to the ocean view villas all the way up to the presidential villa. But now they've added yet another room category--Signature Villas.
Each villa will have 1,400-sq.ft. of private outdoor living space featuring a sundeck, hammock, outdoor rain shower and heated plunge pool. Inside, the villas will have high-ceilings with a thatched palapa roof, king-sized beds, his and hers closets, satellite cable TV, free WiFi, Nespresso machines, air-conditioning and the new deep-soaking, ovate-shaped bathtubs that were introduced in 11 other villas in January 2012. The tubs were quite a hit with the guests--perhaps because there's a glass wall through which you can see out to the private garden--so in they went to the new Signature Villas.
Babymoon Hotels / Kate Middleton / Maryland Hotels / Riviera Maya Hotels / Vermont Hotels / Arizona Hotels / Canyon Ranch Resorts / → All Tags
When the Queen of England remarks on your pregnancy (which has gone 11 days past due date) with a "...I would very much like it to arrive. I’m going on holiday”, that certainly puts the pressure on. So, it's no surprise Kate Middleton was admitted early this morning to London's St. Mary's Hospital and is in labor. Looks like the third in line to the throne will be welcomed to the world soon and Queen Elizabeth can go on vacation!
Well guess what? All you other pregnant ladies out there not yet due can still get some respite, thanks to the host of "Babymoon" packages that have rolled out ever since Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge announced she was with child.
From decadent hotel stays to pampering getaways, here are options for women in every stage of pregnancy--just make sure it's doctor approved (Kate got harassed for her own Mustique babymoon, by taking an eight-hour flight). We've decided to skip the outlandish six-figure "Royal Babymoon" deals (cough) for those a bit more realistic--although the Trump Package was such a good Fantasy Friday special they're now doing it in Waikiki! But take it easy, after all, you've got a boatload of diapers to finance in the near future.
However, do get in one more treat before D (delivery) Day comes!
After completing a multi-million dolllar renovation of the Barcelo Bavaro in Punta Cana that increased its occupancy rate by about 2% and revenue per available room by 8.6%, Barcelo will now turn its attention to its gigantic Riviera Maya property in hopes of achieving similar results.
The project will cost more than $45 million and will begin on May 6 and focus on the complex’s Maya Beach and Maya Caribe hotels. Each will receive a revamped lobby, a new bar and an a-la-carte restaurant. The complex as a whole should benefit from the addition of an entertainment center that is to include a sports bar, bowling alley, teen disco, kids club, waterpark, and paddle tennis courts. A new Premium Club lounge will also be added.
The property consists of five adjacent hotels and one of the largest pools we've seen on a resort property in that region, with plenty of space to find serenity and avoid the drunk people at the swim up bar.
Doomsday Hotel Packages / Hotel Packages / Mexico Hotels / Riviera Maya Hotels / Cancun Hotels / Belize Hotels / Seattle Hotels / Portland Hotels / San Diego Hotels / Philadelphia Hotels / Denver Hotels / → All Tags
According to the Mayan Long-Count Calendar time is no longer measured after December 21, meaning that the world might just end on this day since there is no December 22nd. Just about 13 years ago, have heard this all before with Y2K, but that was before HotelChatter and now we can present some of best packages for spending your last day as a mortal.
Spending your last few days on earth might be better spent in the lap of luxury and some of these hotel packages are doozies. Geographically and historically speaking, it makes sense count down the last hours in Mexico and Central America, but we have also found a few that a bit closer to home. And just think, if December 22nd does happen, you get to brag about your digs on your vacation.
Hotel Deals / Viceroy Hotel Group / Los Angeles Hotels / Riviera Maya Hotels / Ski Hotels / Colorado Hotels / Miami Hotels / Abu Dhabi Hotels / → All Tags
Here’s one of those sales where our heart starts beating, we say throw caution to the wind (and take a quick look at our calendar) and BOOK it! Starting today and ending 9/19 at 11:59 PST, the Viceroy Hotel Group is having a 48- Hour Sale.
You can save from 15%-50% per night on their worldwide luxury properties from Anguilla to Abu Dhabi. So, whether you want an island getaway, ski vacation or city escape, there are plenty o' options here.
There's only a little bit of time to think about this, so we’ll make it quick and highlight just some of the properties available:
•Rates start at $138.25
•Applicable Travel Dates: September 18-December 20
•Valid for all accommodations except 1, 2, and 3-bedroom villas
We’ve recently mentioned a boatload of celebrities visiting hotels near and far, from rappers and rockers at the ever-popular Andaz 5th in New York to teen sensations at the Hilton Los Cabos. Today, we get a peek into another Hollywood-escape haunt, the Viceroy Riviera Maya, just 15 minutes from downtown Playa del Carmen and 40 minutes from Cancun airport. Beauties Rashida Jones of The Office, and Jamie King who stars in CW’s Hart of Dixie, recently visited the Viceroy for some cool-down time between tapings.
The 41-room resort, once called The Tides (and Ikal del Mar before that), became a Viceroy this year. Perhaps the name change is a factor, but the hotel is now getting a good share of rich and famous clientele, and with good reason. It’s ϋber-secluded thanks to its jungle surroundings, making it the perfect place to dodge prying paparazzi eyes. But we’re nicer at HotelChatter, and keep our stalking at respectable levels, so we can still get the 411 on these sightings.
Hotel Deals / Hotel Promo Codes / Scottsdale Hotels / Rosewood Hotels / Public Hotels / Viceroy Hotels / Riviera Maya Hotels / Chicago Hotels / → All Tags
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
DEALS, DEALS, DEALS*
· HOTEL VALLEY HO: The desert is hot right now but the prices at this Scottsdale resort are dropping. From Memorial Day through Labor Day, rates on Sunday and Monday at Hotel Valley Ho are just $119; Tuesday-Thursday is $139, Friday is $149 and Saturday is $159. There's complimentary parking and no resort fee. Also, if you stay three nights, the fourth night is free. Pre-paying 21 days in advance will save you an extra 15 percent. We actually found a rate of $154 a night for the first weekend in June with an $50 resort credit. Book online at www.hotelvalleyho.com.
· PUBLIC CHICAGO: Nearly a year after opening, the Public is keeping rates low even as summer draws near. The hotel's Memorial Day Bash has superior queen rooms going for $190 a night with lunch for two daily from Public Express served in your room or packed up to enjoy along the beach. (Just a short bike ride away.) We just checked and rooms are still avail at $190 for Friday and Saturday. You could splurge for a king at $215 a night. Book online at PublicHotels.com.
· VICEROY RIVIERA MAYA: Formerly the Tides, this Viceroy resort is offering a fourth night free when you stay three. The "Forever Summer" rate also includes daily breakfast for two, tequila and ceviche tasting and two after-sun spa treatments. Rates for mid-June were going for $453 a night for a newly redone luxury villa. Rates in the high season are typically $600 a night.
When you pull up to the porte-cochère at Rosewood Mayakoba, you're welcomed by friendly staff offering cool towels and glasses of green juice. They tell you it's chaya juice and even if you don't know what that is, you throw back the drink because it's hot outside and the juice is cool and refreshing.
Later, you come across the chaya juice again in the relaxation areas of the resort's fancy SENSE Spa, since they like to begin treatments in the Mayan way, and chaya is found in the region surrounding the resort--which is of course rich in Mayan history. But what exactly is in this concoction?
The Rosewood Mayakoba peeps kindly shared their chaya ingredient list with us, so we now we know that it contains:
* Flat Leaf Parsley
* Pineapple juice
* Orange juice
* Fresh lemon juice