Tag: Moxy HotelsView All Tags
Hotel News Briefs / Moxy Hotels / Ace Hotels / Hotel Theaters / Coldplay / Sultan of Brunei / New Hotels / Hotel News / → All Tags
Buona giornata! There is so much hotel news flying around this week, we just don't have enough time to focus on all of it. So here's a quick rundown to get you up to speed on the latest.
· THE MOXY MILAN HAS SOME GOOD-LOOKING STAFFERS: The first-ever Moxy Hotel from Marriott International,is set to open on September 1 in Milan and if the rooms look as good as the hotel's crew members (who are reportedly singers, dancers, martial artists, photographers, DJ’s and musicians by night), then we think we're going to like this place very much. Rates start at 85 Euros a night. You can follow more of the hotel's opening antics on Facebook.
· COLDPLAY TO PLAY THE ACE LA: The first major, major act is coming to the old United Artists Theater at The Ace Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. Coldplay will play songs from their newest album, Ghost Stories (and some of their older albums too) on Wednesday, September 18 at 8:30pm. You can win tickets to the show via the host, CBS Radio, or by entering on Radio.com. Or you can simply peruse our photos of the awesome theater here and then imagine yourself listening to Coldplay there.
· THIS GUY AGAIN: The Sultan of Brunei, whose Dorchester Collection of hotels suffered a major setback earlier this year when the Sultan's brutal anti-gay policies in Brunei came to light, is now looking at scooping up NYC's iconic Plaza Hotel. We're having a hard time imagining the precocious Eloise under the Sultan's rule but we'll stay optimistic that he turns his attention elsewhere instead.
· A HOTEL FOR LADIES, NOW OPEN TO MEN: While we're on the topic of what women really want from a hotel, perhaps we should consider "Men" on the list? That's what The Martha Washington Hotel in NYC's NoMad nabe will have when it re-opens next month. It was originally built as a home for unmarried women in 1903. Danny Meyer of Shake Shack fame will open an Italian restaurant in the hotel, to be called Marta.
[Photo: Moxy Milan Malpensa]
Sneak Peek / Hotel News / Moxy Hotels / Milan Hotels / Airport Hotels / Marriott Hotels / → All Tags
Moxy Hotels, the hip and affordable hotel brand for young folk, is opening its first location this summer at Milan's Malpensa Airport (Terminal 2) in August, followed by several more European airport hotels next year. We've seen renderings of the exterior for Moxy but today, we've got a sneak peek at the interiors.
Designers David Tracz and David Shove-Brown, co-founders of the Washington DC-based Studio3877, were tapped to do the architectural and interior concepts for the brand and judging from these renderings, they've really nailed the "contemporary design" aspect for Moxy, especially in the guest rooms.
These spaces look so sleek and chic, it's hard to believe they will be at affordable rates. No, really. These are affordable rates. We found a room for 89 Euros for a standard room at Moxy Milan on September 1. And of course, that includes free WiFi.
[Renderings by Neoscape]
Millennial Hotels / Tommie Hotels / Virgin Hotels / Radisson Red / Moxy Hotels / AC Hotels by Marriott / Hotel News / → All Tags
Millennials at work. And probably a little bit of play. Or at least some tweeting.
How do you solve a problem like Millennials? Well, if you're a hotel company, the answer is "easy"--simply create an entirely new hotel brand for this up and coming, creative class of tech-toting, over-sharing, individuals. Here's a list of new hotel brands that have opened or will open in the coming years aimed at Millennials. These hotels will put a ton of emphasis on social spaces and technology (all have free WiFi) as well as design (carefully curated yet extremely functional.)
But servicing Millennials isn't limited to the hotels that are on this list. Several older brands have been rejiggering their brand standards to cater to Millennials like Courtyard By Marriott with their new Next Gen Rooms. So expect most hotels in the future to be copying some of these new offerings.
Except the old-ass, old-school luxury hotels, that is. It doesn't matter what year you were born, there comes a time in your life when you'd rather just sit in a quiet lounge sipping on some fine wine while LiteFM plays overhead.
The spin-off brand from Thompson Hotels (and parent company, Commune Hotels) should open sometime next year in 2015. Tommies guestrooms will be space-efficient “crash pads” rather than tricked-out hotel rooms with emphasis being given to the communal spaces like the Reading Rooms which will have curated programming and the casual dining experiences, like the gourmet “grab and go” marketplace. Check-in will be done via tablets but given Tommie’s “help yourself” attitude we wouldn’t be surprised if Tommie employed a self check-in process.
Moxy Hotels / Hotel News / Hotel Hype / Marriott Hotels / Airport Hotels / Millennial Hotels / → All Tags
Just a few weeks ago we heard that Marriott's new brand for Milennials, Moxy Hotels, would be opening its first hotel in Milan this August, with five more locations to open by 2015. Today, we know exactly where those new hotels will be. And if you like airport hotels, then you should be psyched.
· MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport: 162 rooms, located at Terminal Two and scheduled to open in August, 2014
· MOXY Munich Airport: 317 rooms, located approximately five minutes from the main terminal and scheduled to open in spring, 2015
·MOXY Berlin Ostbahnhof: 190 rooms, centrally located near Ostbahnhof train station and scheduled to open in spring, 2015
·MOXY Frankfurt Gateway Gardens: 305 rooms, located approximately five minutes from Frankfurt Airport and scheduled to open in summer, 2015
·MOXY Berlin Airport: 266 rooms, located at the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport and scheduled to open in autumn, 2015
·MOXY Oslo Exporama: 229 rooms, located approximately 15 minutes from both the airport and city center and scheduled to open in autumn, 2015
AC Hotels By Marriott / Moxy Hotels / Marriott Hotels / Hotel Hype / Hotel Development / Hotel News / → All Tags
Last week, a tipster pointed us to a new location for AC Hotel by Marriott, the Spanish hotel brand that Marriott is now importing into the U.S. But unlike the other announced locations of Miami Beach and Chicago, this one has us a little, well, underwhelmed--AC Hotels By Marriott JFK Airport.
The 450-room airport hotel will open sometime in 2016, according to property manager, New Castle Hotels and Resorts. This hotel will actually be one of 16 AC Hotels by Marriott under contract (and totaling 3,215 rooms) around the globe. Need a refresher on what the AC By Marriott brand is all about? Go here.
Fortunately, AC won't be sticking to U.S. airports. The Dallas News reports that the developer NewcrestImage, LLC is working on bringing an AC Hotel By Marriott to historic downtown New Orleans. Now, that has us excited.
Marriott is also hard at work on its other hotel brand for Millennials--Moxy Hotels. The first one will open in Milan in August with more properties expected in six other European markets for 2015. In 10 years, Moxy hopes to have 150 contemporary designed hotels with affordable prices. Ciao Bella!
[Photo: AC Hotels By Marriott Nice]