Tag: Labor Day HotelsView All Tags
Want to know what it's like spending Labor Day weekend over on Andre Balazs' $345/night waterfront Hamptons retreat, Sunset Beach Hotel? Just ask UK tabloid darling Pippa Middleton, who spent Saturday night there, dining at the hotel restaurant and playing ping pong with Balazs himself.
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Today, we've got seriously last-minute deals for Labor Day. If you haven't booked your hotel room yet, better get these ones while they are still around. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
· MGM Grand Las Vegas: While you can still find lots of options in Las Vegas for under $200 a night this weekend, the properties are going fast. We liked this deal on Expedia for the MGM Grand, which just underwent a renovation, for $169 a night for a total of $570 for the weekend. That also includes a $25 pool beverage credit, or about two drinks. Rates on the MGM website are slightly less at $568 but no pool beverage credit is offered. There is also a $25 resort fee which thankfully includes internet.
Labor Day Hotels / Celebrity Hotels / Hotel Music / Atlantic City Hotels / Hotel Concerts / Cee Lo Green / → All Tags
While hotels in Atlantic City usually tend to hover around a reasonable $110 or $130 a night, rates have shot through the roof for the upcoming holiday weekend. In the days leading up to Labor Day, AC properties are asking for up to $500-$600 a night, and many of them are already sold out.
Including Revel, which has two special guests headlining at the resort this weekend: Cee Lo Green and The Eagles. Each of them will be putting on concerts—Cee Lo at The Social on Friday and Saturday nights, and The Eagels at Ovation Hall on Saturday and Sunday nights—to amp up the Labor Day festivities, which include fireworks on the beach, casino giveaways, BBQ parties, a White Party, and burlesque at the Royal Jelly nightclub.
But for those who just want the concert tickets without having to worry about secretly crashing in Revel's lobby, here are a few other hotels that still have availability.
Beach Getaways / Beach Hotels / Martha's Vineyard Hotels / Labor Day Hotels / Boston Hotels / Hotel Deals / → All Tags
You may not want summer to be over (we sure don't), but one thing that's keeping us distracted for the time being is the thought of fun-filled long weekend getaways in the fall. Just quick trips to help ease the transition back into the indoor months, and squeeze out those last few drops of sunshine and warmth.
Martha's VIneyard is one of those low-key, laze-away-on-the-beach type places, which for years has attracted high-profile vacationers like Tom Hanks, Bill Clinton, Larry David and Michael J. Fox. Just under three hours from Boston—and only five hours from New York—the island is an easy target for East Coasters needing some quiet time by the ocean.
A great choice for families, as well as couples, looking for that classic New England hotel experience is the Harbor View Hotel, which calls itself the "Grand Dame" of Vineyard hotels, due to both its size (114 rooms and suites) and history (the hotel opened in 1891).
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Today we're focusing on deals especially for Labor Day. If you haven't booked your hotel room yet, now maybe you can. And who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
· Viceroy Palm Springs: The hotel is offering a Twilight Romance Retreat for two that includes a couple’s 30-minute spa service under the stars in a private al fresco spa cabana between 9pm and midnight. A complimentary bottle of Moet Ice will also be provided, followed by breakfast for two the next morning poolside at Citron. Rates start at $200 a night but there's no mention of it on the website so we urge you to call the hotel and book in person. Meanwhile, regular rooms are going for $322 a night over Labor Day Weekend. UPDATE: you can now book the package online here with rates indeed starting at $200 a night.
· Montelucia Resort and Spa, Scottsdale: Rates start at $209 a night for the hotel's new "Experience Montelucia" package, which includes an overnight stay, daily breakfast for two, complimentary $25 daily resort charge, self-parking and a $25 resort credit. You can also add on either a 50 minute massage or an organic facial at the Joya Spa for $99. The treatment has to be booked from 3-6pm Tuesday-Friday. So if you are there over Labor Day, that means Friday. Use promo code WEBMONTYEXP to book online here. The deal is only good through September 1st so you can book this for one-night to get the perks then switch to the regular rate of $179 for the rest of the weekend.
· The Clift, San Francisco: The boutique Clift Hotel in San Fran is going old school with a Labor Day package that includes two tickets in a reserved section to the San Francisco Giants' game on Monday, September 3 against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Room rates start at $225 for a standard room and that also includes transportation to the game and complimentary dessert in the Clift's Velvet Room. The package is only good for Sunday and Monday night of Labor Day. Use promo code PKLABR to book online here.
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
· One Last Summer "Hurrah" on Martha's Vineyard: The Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown is offering special rates for "Summer’s Last Hurrah" starting at $369 a night from August 19-30. That's about a 20 percent savings and the deal includes breakfast for two (it does not include tax). After Labor Day, September 3-27, rates dip down to $239 a night, before taxes. To book, call 800-627-7000 and mention Summer's Last Hurrah.
· Public Ending Summer on a Low Note: Chicago's hot Public Hotel is keeping rates low as summer draws to a close. Right now, they are offering rooms for just $125 a night between August 24 and September 6th. Use promo code LABOR to book online.
· "Suites on Sale" at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater This Labor Day: We always love it when you can get a suite for less and this Labor Day, The Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa in Florida has one-bedroom suites for just $310 a night which is $100 off the rack rate. Use promo code 1SDL to book online. There is a $25 resort fee that includes internet, a pool chair and towel service and two bottles of water a day.
Labor Day Hotels / Hotel Deals / Sheraton Hotels / Manhattan Hotels / Brooklyn Hotels / Hotel Renovations / Ace Hotels / Hilton Hotels / W Hotels / → All Tags
We're already three days into August, which is about halfway through the Olympics, as well as (sadly) summer in general. That means the next big date coming up for NYC hotels is—you guessed it!—Labor Day.
We poked around online to see what's still available for a one-night stay on September 1, and, while we came up with a few decent options, one of the top choices would have to be Sheraton New York's 50th Anniversary deal. Celebrating two milestones at once (fifty years in business, plus the hotel's brand new renovation), the hotel is offering rooms on Sept 1 for the spectacular $196.20/night.
Only one and a half weeks to go! Labor Day weekend is a game that every hotel wants in on (we know we'll be traveling!), but for this particular holiday roundup, we've chosen to highlight the NYC hotels that we've been following this summer. Either through openings, or news stories, we're sticking with the hotels we know about. Think of it as a "greatest hits" collection, minus the cheesy power ballads.
Almost one month into the game, The Nolitan has been generating some buzz, undoubtedly thanks to its unique, nabe-honoring name. Over Labor Day weekend, rates go as low as $341. And if you remember from our tour last month, almost all rooms include cozy little balconies that overlook much of the Soho area, plus views of the Williamsburg Bridge.
Miami Hotel Mambo / Insane Hotel Packages / Celebrity Scoop / Labor Day Hotels / Fontainebleau / Champagne Hotels / Jay-Z / → All Tags
Dwayne Wade's Fantasy Camp may be going down at the Miami Beach hotel this weekend, but there's even bigger fish in this pond. It is reported that Jay-Z blew $250,000 on champagne for his Watch the Throne release party. And $50,000 in tips at Scarpetta, where he noshed on posh Italian with his entourage. We shudder to think what kind of numbers were on his room folio.
Along the illustrious Fifth Avenue sit a great many New York mainstays: Bergdorf Goodman, Bryant Park, The Museum of Sex—and a barely noticeable mid-range hotel named after its address. Though we've written about it before, here are two points about Hotel 373 we'd like to drive home today:
· the Starbucks in the lobby will satisfy your caffeine addiction like no other hotel coffee station on the entire island of Manhattan (it's literally under the hotel)
· they still have availability over Labor Day weekend. 'Nuff said.
You procrastinators don't have to give up on a Labor Day getaway just yet. Yeah, it is already Thursday, but the W Los Angeles - Westwood is offering a Labor Day package—and rooms are still available.
The holiday package includes two cocktails a day and VIP access to the hotel's Labor Day big swinging pool party. And to help with the inevitable hangover, you'll get a late 4 p.m. checkout for extra sleep.
Labor Day Hotels / Green Hotels / Eco-Friendly Hotels / Baltimore Hotels / Fairfield Inn / Marriott Hotels / → All Tags
Eco-conscious travelers heading to Maryland over Labor Day weekend can bunk at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Baltimore Inner Harbor, the city's first green hotel.
The limited-service Fairfield Inns aren't exactly the most exciting of Marriott's brands. But the Baltimore outpost tries to make itself stand out from the ho-hum hotels by monopolizing on its building, converted from a brewery, and adding a bar, and by going green.