Tag: Kimpton HotelsView All Tags
Wine-Tasting Hotels / Harvest Hotels / Virginia Hotels / New York Hotels / Hudson Valley Hotels / Washington Hotels / California Hotels / Kimpton Hotels / → All Tags
It's peak harvest season for winemakers, where they're getting grapes prepared for their next vintage. Depending on the climate and part of the country, the process can begin in August, but it usually lasts right to until the end of October.
This is when wine lovers are excited to witness the magic and sheepishly live out their "I Love Lucy" fantasies and stomp some grapes. While the practice isn't really done anymore for hygiene reasons, there are a few wineries that will do it as part of a festival or kitsch.
Still, the autumn splendor, fall foliage, and rows of vines are reason enough for us to have a crush on these hotels in some of the country's top winelands.
1. The month-old Salamander Resort & Spa, just 40 minutes from Washington D.C., is lucky enough to be surrounded by almost 50 wineries. On Saturday October 12th, chef Todd Gray can pack guests a gourmet picnic basket as they head to the Fall Crush festival at the Winery at Bull Run. There, one can literally help stomp out poverty by taking part in grape stomping activities. There's also corn holes and live bands for added entertainment, all while trying local Viogniers and Meritages. 100% of the proceeds from the event will support Meant 2 Live Foundation and FACETS, which helps parents, their children, and individuals suffering the effects of poverty in Fairfax County and also Orphans of Zambia. Rates at the resort begin at $425.
Ace Hotels / Pittsburgh Hotels / Hotel Hype / Hotel News / Hotel Indigo Hotels / Kimpton Hotels / → All Tags
Things are really looking up for Pittsburgh. The Pirates are in the MLB playoffs for the first time in 21 years and now an Ace Hotel is in the works! (Ok, there is definitely way more happening in Pittsburgh but this is what hotel nerds like us get excited about.)
That's right. Ace Hotels is keeping on with their expansion plans well into 2014 and Pittsburgh is next on the list. In typical Ace fashion, they will open the hotel out of an old YMCA building in the East Liberty nabe. Here's how Next American City journalist Nancy Scola described the location:
[T]the Ace is planned for East Liberty, part of Pittsburgh’s East End, once home to the Carnegies, the Mellons, the Fricks. East Liberty was once, well, hopping, but it was decimated as the result of an urban revitalization push in the 1950s and 1960s that attempted to turn the neighborhood into a little bit of suburbia right there in Pittsburgh. East Liberty is, inarguably, on the upswing once again. And the possibility is that an Ace in the neighborhood’s charming old YMCA building adds considerable weight to that momentum.
Hotel Amenities / Hotel Perks / Sofitel Hotels / Kimpton Hotels / Morgans Hotel Group / Hyatt Hotels / → All Tags
Forgot something? No worries! These hotels have got you covered with the basics and more.
Not long ago we discussed what would be the ultimate hotel in-room amenities. Some of our desires may have been a bit dramatic, but hey, one can only dream. However, more and more hotels these days go beyond a complimentary dental and razor kit. Most of these items are free, others may have a nominal charge--but we're just excited that if we've left something at home, all is not lost!
Here's what you can ask to be delivered to your room at these hotels:
For a small fee, Kimpton can bring these other amenities:
What else can you get just for the asking? Read on!
Contact the housekeeping department for these items:
*Feminine hygiene products
*Crayons & Coloring books
*One hour of steaming service
The brand's "Forgot It? We've Got It!" program is awesome and has expanded to include these oft-left home products:
*Fashion Tape (no nip-slips happening on their watch)
*Heating Pad (oh, this is a gooood one)
*Collar Stays (hmm..this is a puzzler?!)
Contact Lens Solution
Spray Wrinkle Remover
Nail File (anyone find it odd a nail file isn't free, but a humidifier is?)
For a small fee, Kimpton can bring these other amenities:
What else can you get just for the asking? Read on!
Hotel News / Hotel Openings / Hotel Hype / Palm Springs Hotels / Dolce Resorts / Kimpton Hotels / Pittsburgh Hotels / Ritz-Carlton Hotels / W Hotels / Tel Aviv Hotels / → All Tags
Once again, the hotel openings and announcements news is coming fast and furious. So here's a short list of hot hotels coming to a city near you.
· The Dolce Palm Springs, which we told you the other month was intended to be a Mondrian Palm Springs, now has an opening timeframe. Construction will begin early next year and should be completed by 2015. We've also got a rendering of the resort on East Amado Road. We're loving the pops of bright color throughout. Aside from 210 rooms, the Dolce Palm Springs will have 15,000 sq.ft. of flexible function space, landscaped outdoor event space, two restaurants, a lounge, a recording studio, screening room, outdoor pools spa and fitness center.
· Kimpton Pittsburgh: Kimpton Hotels is heading to Pittsburgh with their Hotel Monaco brand.
An adaptive reuse of the city’s iconic James H. Reed Building, originally built in 1903, the new Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh will feature 247 rooms, nearly 9,000 square feet of meeting and event space and a chef-driven, 120-seat restaurant with a prominent corner entrance. Slated for a late 2014 opening, the nine story property is located at the intersection of 6th Avenue and William Penn Way, across from prestigious Mellon Square and in the heart of the city’s bustling Golden Triangle area. The new hotel’s interiors will reflect a locally inspired and distinctive take on the vibrant and whimsical Hotel Monaco style.
Kimpton also has new hotels planned for Savannah, Georgia, Palm Springs, Milwaukee and San Antonio, all opening by 2015.
· Ritz-Carlton Opening Seemingly Everywhere: Ritz-Carlton Hotels announced a major openings and expansion plans last week with the goal of having 100 properties by 2016. That's 20 more than what they have now. Six new RC hotels are expected to open this year, including The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, The Ritz-Carlton, Herzliya, Israel and The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore in India. Next year, RC will open in Kyoto, Japan; Nanjing, China; Rabat, Morocco; Cairo, Egypt; Manesar, India, and Bali. Then in 2015, it will open in Cabo San Lucas (!); Oman, Muscat; Bali (again); Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam; Tunis, Tunisia; and Haikou, China.
Hotel Deals / Hotel Promo Codes / Hong Kong Hotels / Kimpton Hotels / Hotels for the Holidays / Palm Beach Hotels / Marriott Hotels / → All Tags
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
DEALS, DEALS, DEALS*
· Kimpton's Mid-Atlantic Hotels Will Be Home for The Holidays: 12 of Kimpton's Mid-Atlantic Hotels are offering special "Early Bird" rates for stays from November 22 – December 1 in a special flash 72-hour flash sale beginning on September 24. Rates will start at $95 a night. Go here to book and enter the promo code TURKEY. The sale will kick off promptly at 12:00am on 9/24 and will end at 11:59 p.m. EST on 9/26. Participating hotels include the Donovan House and the Palomar in DC, along with the Monaco Alexandria in Virginia and the Monaco Baltimore.
· Love Thy Neighbor (and Thyself) at the Eau Palm Beach: Eau Palm Beach, the former Ritz-Carlton, has just introduced a new “Love thy Neighbor” package exclusively for Florida residents with rooms starting at $199 and an add-on spa package with $200 worth of spa credit for just $100. The deal is good through December 13th (before the out-of-towners start to arrive) and includes a Champagne welcome, high speed internet access and complimentary newspaper. Go here to book. The spa should be booked separately by calling 1.855.580.3933 with the code word LOVE. Guests must show Florida identification upon arrival.
· Marriott Hotels Rates Fall for Fall in NYC: Travelzoo has a deal for up to 45 percent off for Marriott Hotels in the pricey Big Apple. The Renaissance Times Square is usually going for $449 but if you book on Sept. 29 and Oct. 6 and 27, you can get it for just $233 a night. Two other Marriott hotels in Manhattan are also discounted but again, only for certain dates so make sure to cross-check those with your travel plans.
· Passport to Bourbon Country from 21c Museum Hotel Louisville: The funky museum hotel is offering a "Just Add Bourbon" package for National Bourbon Month that includes overnight accommodations, two cocktails at the Proof on Main hotel bar, two passports to the Urban Bourbon Trail in Louisville, breakfast for two at Proof on Main hotel restaurant and a Whiskey Lovers Kit from the hotel shop to take home. Rates start at $291 a night. Go here to book. (The package is also available at the 21c Museum Hotels in Bentonville, Ark. and Cincinnati as well.)
After all of that free wine at Ink48's magic hour, it's nice to see the hotel has considered a more health conscious option for those looking to stay on the straight and narrow. The Hell's Kitchen boutique hotel has launched their very own in-house fitness guru that help guests with that "butt-kicking" they might desire while on the road. (No pizza buttons here!)
The Fitness Curator service is a new offering for guests to keep mindful of their waistlines during their stay. Danielle Harrison is the name behind some of Kimpton execs own sweat sessions so it seemed fitting to call her in to spread the love (or burn) to hotel guests.
Hotel News / Hotel Openings / Hotel Hype / Austin Hotels / Detroit Hotels / New Orleans Hotels / Napa Hotels / Archer Hotels / Provenance Hotels / Kimpton Hotels / Crowne Plaza Hotels / Fairmont Hotels / → All Tags
We've already had a busy morning as far as new hotels news goes. But there's even more. Here's a short list of new hotels coming to a city near you:
· Hotel Van Zandt, Austin: Kimpton Hotels will open a new hotel in Austin in 2015 in the city's historic Rainey Street District. The 16-story hotel will feature 322 guest rooms, over 12,000 square feet total event and meeting space, achef-driven restaurant, lobby cafe and pool deck and bar. Interior designer Mark Zeff will oversee the interior design of the Hotel Van Zandt and its restaurant. Kimpton has also made announcements for new properties in Savannah, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Palm Springs, Sedona and Grand Cayman so there will be lots more Kimptons to choose from in the coming years.
· Fairmont Austin: Speaking of Austin, construction should begin on the new Fairmont Hotel at 101.Red River Street later this fall, according to this report. The 1,000-room hotel will cost nearly half a billion to build and should open sometime in 2016.
· The Archer Napa: The Archer in New York City hasn't opened yet (that's happening early next year) but already they've announced a second Archer Hotel for Napa Valley. The Archer Napa will be a new-build luxury hotel at the First Street site of the former Merrill’s building, adjacent to The Shops at Napa Center. LogdeWorks and Zapolski Real Estate have partnered up on the seven-story property which will reflect "a casual elegance, organic to the Napa aesthetic. " No opening date has been set yet.
Kimpton Hotels / New York Hotels / Hotel Packages / Hotel Fitness / Hotel Amenities / Manhattan Hotels / → All Tags
You probably already know about Kimpton Hotels' brand-wide yoga program but, in New York City, they are taking it further with a new Urban Outdoors Menu that launched last week.
It's not often we get attracted to inanimate objects (blush), but we just have to make an exception for Mat.
Who is he? The sauve-talking in-room yoga "concierge" found at Kimpton Hotels across the country. We learned about mustached Mat thanks to a hilarious commercial on the company site. We've never seen anything like it, and honestly it made us want to go and take a class or two (but only with Mat, of course).
Free yoga mats are available for Kimpton guests throughout their stay. Kimpton Hotel La Jolla customers are fond of taking theirs on also free bike rides up the coast (and apparently get a little carried away) which can explain the end of the commercial even more as Mat is a little "disappointed" he's not asked to stay the night, and well...you'll see the rest.
Take a look (it's work-safe) and get your Wednesday chuckle on.
National Tequila Day / Hotel Cocktails / Hotel Bars / Tucson Resorts / Chicago Hotels / Kimpton Hotels / JW Marriott Hotels / LA Hotels / Miami Hotels / Manhattan Hotels / → All Tags
Oh, how we love made up holidays that give us an excuse to pig out (see National Burger Month), bliss out (check July's National Ice Cream Month details) or…and this is our favorite by far, get out-and-out liquified. Yes, it's National Tequila Day folks, and that means you have permission, nay, an obligation, to celebrate the fruits of the beloved agave plant. Oh, and if you get this confused with National Margarita Day, it's OK, no one will get mad.
Where to honor this day? Good question. The following hotel bars pay tribute to this sanctified holiday in their own special way, or they just happen to pour a damn good marg, in our humble opinion. And while we know tequila comes from Mexico, if you're not there already, you'll need an alternative locale to indulge (or..like everyday). So, pull up a barstool and place your order. It's 5pm EVERYWHERE today.
Can't make it to a bar midweek (aw, you poor thang), we've got some recipes here so you can get to sippin' at home.
Tanque Verde Ranch, Tucson, AZ
This working dude ranch is truly legit. You'll learn how to properly ride a horse, wield a lasso, hike trails, and even mountain bike in the desert. So after all that, you'll want a beverage, and you'll get it in the Doghouse Saloon. It sounds like you're in trouble, and you might be after a few of the Prickly Pear margaritas. Interestingly enough, the prickly pear used is harvested right on site, so it's the real thing. They even use it in syrup for pancakes! But guess what, we loved the Red-Neck Margarita even more, which subbed the tequila for Jack Daniels! Whoa. But that's a story for another holiday.
Hotel Palomar, Chicago
The "Enemy of the State" tequila cocktail was created by bartender, Alex Renshaw and includes Milagro Reposado, Lustau PX sherry, Dark Matter cold brewed coffee and Angostura bitters. Perfect for those who anticipate needing a dose of caffeine and some liquid courage to handle Chi-Town's sassy attitude.
The Bowery Hotel, NYC
An agave accented take on the traditional vodka Moscow version, the Mexican Mule combines tequila with ginger and bitters to create one knock-your-socks-off cocktail. The mixologist at the hotel makes it with Qui Platinum Extra-Añejo tequila, 3 oz of fresh ginger, 3 dashes of Angostura bitters, and tops of the glass with an orange twist.
Philadelphia Hotels / Hotel Hype / Fairmont Hotels / Luxury Collection Hotels / Kimpton Hotels / Hotel Development / → All Tags
Just yesterday we heard that Philadelphia would be getting a hip SLS Hotel and now today, we hear the City of Brotherly Love may get a new luxury hotel too. But first, a few hotel brands are duking it out to see who will win the gig.
Philly.com reports that a group of developers are working to transform the the 72-year-old Family Court building at 18th and Vine Streets. Each developer has paired up with a hotel brand. In the race for the property are, Fairmont Hotels, Starwood's Luxury Collection Hotels and Kimpton Hotels.
Fairmont's proposed project would cost $180 million, include 332 hotel rooms,44,000 square feet of event and meeting space. restaurants, bar, shops and a spa. The Luxury Collection would put forth 267 hotel rooms; a 4,000-square-foot ballroom; 10,000 square feet of meeting facilities; and a restaurant and bar while Kimpton's project would cost $85 million with 199 hotel rooms, a 3,500-square-foot ballroom; meeting and board rooms; spa and fitness center; and restaurant and bar.
Kimpton Hotels have long been open in the big cities--San Fran, NYC, Miami, Chicago, DC, etc--but the friendly boutique brand is getting serious about its resort offerings now that they've just announced their first-ever Caribbean property in the Cayman Islands.
Set to open in 2016, the 263-room hotel will sit on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and will feature a whopping five restaurants and lounges, a cascading oceanfront pool, a destination spa, six beachfront bungalows and 56 residences. Dart Realty (Cayman), Ltd., a subsidiary of Dart Enterprises, is the developer behind the project with SB Architects, Powerstrip Studio and Mark Zeff Design handling the architecture and interior design.
While Kimpton will have some serious competition from the nearby Ritz-Carlton, Marriott and Westin, they will have an advantage if they continue to offer up free WiFi for their Kimpton InTouch members. The other hotels currently charge for internet through resort fees. We're not sure if Kimpton plans to charge one of those pesky fees but this will be a resort and it is the Caribbean and hey, someone's gotta pay for that cascading oceanfront pool. We just hope the rates stay "friendly" as well, like $200 a night.