Tag: Insane Hotel PackagesView All Tags
Hotel Deals / Hotel Promo Codes / Insane Hotel Packages / Travelzoo / Orient-Express Hotels / → All Tags
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
DEALS, DEALS, DEALS*
· The Lullaby of Broadway is a Buy Once More: The Milford Plaza in Times Square finally got a property-wide renovation and we're happy to report the hotel with the catchiest commercial jingle of the '80s looks good again. And Travelzoo is now offering a great deal for summertime, peak season for NYC hotels, for just $179 a night. That rate actually works for Thursday-Saturday stays in June and July, and it includes free WiFi. Plus, the hotel is open over Fourth of July starting at $159 a night. There are blackout dates (June 6, 30 and July 6) and you have to book by March 27. Going to NYC before June? The hotel has rates for just $199 in April and May. Go to Travelzoo to book.
· Live It Up In Vegas for 20 Percent Less: The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas is one of the most sought-after party spots on The Strip from its raging pool scene to its massive nightclub Marquee and its restaurant funland featuring Holstein's, Scarpetta, STK and two shops from chef José Andrés. Now you can stay there for 20 percent off thanks to Vegas.com's new deal. The offer is good for stays from now through September 30, but you have to book before May 30. A three-night minimum is required and there are some blackout dates (Memorial Day, Labor Day and a few others) but we found rates from May 10-13 for $186 a night, compared with $233. Go here to book.
· Upgrade Yourself at the Newest Orient-Express Hotel: Orient-Express Hotels has snapped and spiffed up the legendary El Encanto Resort in Santa Barbara, which now features 92 individually designed California-style bungalows, with hardwood floors, plantation-style shutters, and bespoke accessories. The first West Coast hotel for O-E also has its own spa, a lush garden wonderland, views of the Pacific Ocean and even its own Holstein cow, Ellie, whose milk is used to produce handmade cheese for the hotel's restaurant. Rates for a superior bungalow are pricey at $525 a night but the Enchanted Upgrade package gives guests a one- category upgrade at the time of booking. It's only valid until May 31st (excluding Memorial Day Weekend) so book soon. Call 805-845-4008 and mention the Enchanted Upgrade option. The hotel has a bunch of other offers on tap too that might interest you.
Olympics Hotels / Hotel Packages / Hotel Cocktails / Affinia Hotels / Morgans Hotel Group / Insane Hotel Packages / → All Tags
Hotels around the world are going crazy for the 2012 Summer Olympics from specialty cocktails to outrageous Olympics-inspired packages. Here are five U.S. hotels that are going for gold in the sport of attracting Olympics watchers. We'll have even more next week!
· The London NYC: There are several ways to get in the Olympics mood at The London. The hotel's London Bar is serving specialty cocktails such as the vodka-based Ultimate Olympics and the Olympics Wakaya Ginger mocktail. The afternoon tea time even feature a new Japanese Sencha Green Tea selection known to be rich in anti-oxidants and to promote wellness of the mind and body. Room service is churning out some super food smoothies and a wellness fruit plate. Rates at the midtown hotel start around $379 a night next weekend.
· The Eventi Hotel, New York City: This Chelsea hotel is hosting their own Opening Ceremonies tomorrow with a bunch of Olympics-inspired games and events like Beer Olympics (beer slides, KEG STANDS, quarters, BEER PONG and arm wrestling), horseshoes, croquet, tug of war, free arcade games, fake commentaries of your favorite sports from Upright Citizens Brigade, neighborhood scavenger hunts and even sprinklers to cool off under. The party starts tomorrow at 7pm. Head to the Facebook page for more info.
As you can see from this room shot above, what makes The Saguaro Scottsdale stand out from most other hotels is the abundance of eye-popping colors. And these happy hues aren't found just in the guest rooms but rather throughout the hotel's public spaces and even down by the pool area.
The duo responsible for the colorful look is the design team of Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat of Stamberg Aferiat Architecture who used "12 vibrant tones found in native desert wildflowers" as the foundation for the color scheme. The colors also follow the light spectrum which then creates different perspectives of the hotel depending on the time of day. It's crazy scientific yo!
While we recommended that other hotels start using more happy colors as part of our New Year's resolutions for hotels, it turns out you can learn how to use color in your own home, thanks to The Saguaro's new The Colors of Modern package which includes a private home consultation with Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat!
Massage by James Bond: not guaranteed
Unsure of what to get your woman for Christmas? Well, if the ads are anything to go by, wimmen like gold and they like spas. From personal experience, we’d also add holidays in Italy, so a combination of all three could put you onto a winner.
That’s possibly the thinking behind the new Golden Body treatment at posh hotel Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort in Tuscany. The two hour treatment starts with a scrub, but not just any scrub – one enriched with ginger, chamomile, silk protein and jojoba oil. Then they apply a gel containing, among other things, caffeine (which, as your laydee will tell you, is meant to help cellulite) and, uh, “flecks of 24-carat gold”.
But that’s not all. Next up is a massage, and then, in the words of the hotel (because otherwise you may not believe it)
the 'Goldfinger moment' arrives as the body is enveloped with a mask of gold dust and ground ginger
And then you’re moisturized. No gold involved in that part.
Miami Hotel Mambo / Insane Hotel Packages / Celebrity Scoop / Labor Day Hotels / Fontainebleau / Champagne Hotels / Jay-Z / → All Tags
Dwayne Wade's Fantasy Camp may be going down at the Miami Beach hotel this weekend, but there's even bigger fish in this pond. It is reported that Jay-Z blew $250,000 on champagne for his Watch the Throne release party. And $50,000 in tips at Scarpetta, where he noshed on posh Italian with his entourage. We shudder to think what kind of numbers were on his room folio.
The Ames in Boston is actually a great place to watch sports--you can watch games from the shower!
Ah, pre-season football is here! And with it, the start of the hotel football packages.
But one in particular caught our eye, mostly because it is so bizarre. The La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, just outside of Houston, is offering a Fantasy Football Widows Package, for "loved ones who slowly become widows to the digital fantasy roster that consumes a football fan’s every thought through the very last day of the NFL season."
Last summer, we told you about the Mad Men package at The Pierre—which mainly involved a bottle of champagne, a restaurant voucher and a couple of DVDs. This year, the five-star Central Park-facing hotel has gone for a much more....um, specific demographic.
Any room in the hotel can now be converted into a recovery room for post-op plastic surgery patients. While convalescing, guests receive 24-hour service, a private escort, and a dedicated "Life Stage Personal Enhancement Team"—their words, not ours. We admit, we've never undergone plastic surgery ourselves, though if you're considering it as an option, now might be a great time to start. Between personal escorts and in-room masseuses, you'll soon forget about those bandages altogether!
Party time! The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne turns 10 this summer, and to celebrate, they've got a slew of promotions priced at just ten bucks--yes, even guest rooms. It's also offering an Insane Hotel Package for $60,310, but let's cover the cheap stuff first, eh?
The $10 rooms are clearly the prize present in this lineup, and they will be available July 5-7, 10-13, 18, 25, 26. There are only 10 rooms at this rate--naturally--so you'll have to be fast when the reservations line opens on June 10. (The number to call is 305-365-4582.)
Any Miami Heat fans out there still overcome with emotion after the team's triumph over the Celtics on Wednesday night? One player is hoping that adrenalin translates into a room booking--a $12,500 stay at the Fontainebleau. But don't worry, D-Wade is coming, too!
The star has announced the Dwyane Wade Fantasy Camp, giving fans the chance to
sleepdribble with the man himself this August 18–21.
Insane Hotel Packages / Royal Wedding Hotels / Prince William / Kate Middleton / Four Seasons Hotels / Chicago Hotels / → All Tags
If you envy the big to-do that Prince Wills and his lady love Kate will have on their wedding day, you can get a piece of it at the Four Seasons Chicago. The hotel is offering a crazy package so you can celebrate the royal nuptials from across the pond.
The royal treatment, which starts at a bloody-hell expensive $5,500 a night, will include Rolls-Royce transportation to and from the airport and hotel, a 24-karat gold facial at the spa and a stay in the newly renovated two-bedroom, three-bathroom Royal Suite that sits on the 46th floor.
Insane Hotel Packages / Weird Packages / London Hotels / Mandarin Oriental Hotels / Royal Wedding Hotels / → All Tags
With the Royal Wedding only two months away hotel PR machines are going into Royal Wedding Package overload. Last week we gave you the low down on the incredibly bad taste “Pretty Little Princess” package from Swissotel The Howard, and this week, we may have found something equally as ghastly, although in a different way: the obscenely priced Royal Wedding Tour from the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park.
The package takes place over five days over the wedding, from 26th April - 1st May, and boasts "access all areas". Well for a start, it's not really access all areas, because you won't get anywhere near the wedding. But we digress.
As well as your room, you get a guided itinerary with visits to Kensington Palace, Chartwell (Sir Winston Churchill‘s family home in Kent), Spencer House, Althorp (Diana's family pad in Northamptonshire) and Westminster Abbey. All these, let us remind you before you hear the price, are places that are open to the public - although, obviously, you won't be able to hit up the Abbey on April 29. But then, neither will you be able to do that with the package - you get a tour the following day, when, presumably, it'll be open to everyone again.
Of course, this isn't totally without merit for royal watchers: since most of these places are
selling out working with the MO on this package, you get extras, such as a "greeting" from a random member of the Churchill family and lunch at their home, drinks at Kensington Palace, dinner at Spencer House and a lunch at Althorp hosted by a member of the Spencer family (let's hope it's the charming Earl Spencer, who is the master of making money off his sister's memory).
And, here's the kicker: on the Thursday, the night before the wedding:
Dinner will take place at the home of a member of the royal family at their private London townhouse.
Um, we're guessing most important members of the Royals have better things to do than whore themselves out to rich tourists the night before the wedding. But then, poor Fergie has been a bit cash strapped of late, and she's been NFI-d from the wedding, so you never know.
Insane Hotel Packages / Weird Packages / London Hotels / Swissôtels / Royal Wedding Hotels / → All Tags
As predicted the older London hotels are trying to get their fair share of attention in the run up to the Royal Wedding and 2012 Olympics. We’ve seen some hotels undergo complete refurbs, others open new spas, bars and restaurants whilst some have just relied on special packages. However we haven’t come across anything quite as weird as the Swissotel The Howard's “Pretty Little Princess” package.
The package is aimed at children aged between 3 - 8 years old offering them the chance “at fulfilling every wish of an aspiring princess”. Upon arrival the “princesses” are welcomed with a bottle of "Babycham". It's non-alcoholic of course, but still. Really? Forgive us for being prudes but something about a 3 year with a bottle of Babycham doesn’t sit right in our minds.
The day then starts with getting dressed - a pink princess dress with matching cape, handbag, glitter shoes and tiara are waiting in the hotel. And if the little princesses worried about the bed linen, they need not fear, beds are made up with princess-style linens from Laura Ashley – because all kids demand designer bed sheets nowadays.