Tag: Hotel News BriefView All Tags
Holiday Hotels / Hotel Holiday Decorations / Hotel Christmas Trees / London Hotels / UK Hotels / Hotel News Brief / Relais & Chateaux / Relais and Chateaux Hotels / → All Tags
The world is officially in "Countdown to Christmas" mode and now, so are we. Every day until Christmas we'll be featuring a hotel that's in a holiday mood--whether it be with gigantic gingerbread houses, over-the-top Christmas decorations, thrilling lighting displays and best of all, Santa appearances. But of course, any hotel can assemble a fake tree, put on some lights and declare themselves "festive." Which is why we're looking at hotels that are really going ALL OUT. Know of a hotel that's super excited for Christmas? Let us know!
The Goring (who, as of two weeks ago, became the only London member of Relais & Châteaux) recently unveiled what is, undoubtedly, London’s most unconventional and quintessentially British Christmas tree.
The tree, called “Christmas Rain,” is part of a collection of Christmas trees created for the hotel by British luxury brands. This one is the focal point, though, standing tall at 30 feet in The Goring’s garden, and designed by a fellow Royal Warrant Holder and Britain’s leading rainwear specialist, Fulton Umbrellas (they’re famous for their see-through umbrellas favored by the Royal Family including Wills and Kate and, we expect, little Prince George will follow in their rain-booted footsteps). Rather than regular glass baubles, the tree is decorated with bespoke Fulton umbrellas (ever-at-the-ready for the traditional Christmas rain shower) and a shimmering shower of mirrored raindrops arranged in a waterfall of crystals, beading and sequins.
While most of you are suntanning at your beach houses, lake houses and boat houses, we're still here at our desks. No, we're not bitter. Here are your news briefs. Hope your hot dog doesn't burn!
· W Bangkok Is Happening: W Hotels broke ground on their Bangkok location today. The 400-room hotel will open in 2010. [Business 24-7]
· Comedian and Designer Brave The Surf Lodge: Jerry Seinfeld and Ralph Lauren (random!) brave the Sam Talbot restaurant at the Surf Lodge which has received some poor reviews. We can imagine Jerry saying, "So what's the deal with the celebrity chef restaurant these days?" [Page Six]
· Chocoholics Head to Grand Hyatt: Travel Chocolate, a 100-gram chocolate bar made up of fair trade certified 70% dark chocolate, is now on sale at the Grand Hyatt on East 42nd Street in Manhattan. [PRweb]
· Blogger Discovers TuneHotels: TuneHotels is cheap we know but blogger Dan'Lion discovered that booking two single rooms for two people is actually cheaper than booking a double room. Nice work. [Danlion]
· Paul Pierce's Four-Hour Massage: Celtics star and MVP Paul Pierce certainly deserves a massage but a four-hour one and by the pool at the Hard Rock? Ew....[TMZ]