Tag: Hotel LoveView All Tags
Hotels, How Do We Love Thee? Help Us Count the Ways
This recent story on CNN was a bit like preaching to choir for us. Of course hotels are way better than our apartments/homes/friends' couches. If they weren't, we wouldn't be staying in them.
While we agreed with the author's list of things she loves about hotels, we've got even more to add. Here are 5 more reasons why we love hotels better than our everyday existence. Hopefully, this list will get your mind off this one.
· 1. Design. We can't afford fancy artwork and we swore we wouldn't buy new couches until our toddlers grow up and stop spilling milk on them. But in hotels, we can admire all kinds of interesting art and design from the lobby to the guestroom to the restaurant and bar. And it only costs us a couple hundred bucks versus a couple thousand.
· 2. Spas. If there's a spa on site at a hotel, it's going to be hard for us to say no. We'll try our best not to walk around the lobby with our robe on though.
· 3. Fast Internet. It doesn't happen often but a few times this year we have stayed at hotels with crazy fast internet speeds. So we can catch up on "Breaking Bad" while emailing and uploading photos without frustration or guilt.
Spring is in the air and the warm weather might have you contemplating a spring fling (the one-night stand from Spring Break doesn't count). If this is you, consider doing it with a Concierge. And here to give us 10 Reasons to Date a Concierge is our favorite anonymous concierge, @ConciergeCorner.
Dating anyone can have certain benefits but a concierge comes with a slew of perks and pluses:
1. Hotel rooms are rarely an issue...anywhere. Even if the concierge in question does not have a property or portfolio property where you’re going, chances are a hospitality contact can hook it up.
It's just two weeks now until Valentine's Day and if you haven't made plans with your schmoopie, well then you better get started. We've been inundated with a ton of Valentine's Day hotel deals and promotions and we're trying to keep up with them all. Here are a few more romantical options for NYC since we know that's a fave destination for you lovers. We'll have more cities to come throughout the week. Got a particular location in mind for V-Day? Let us knowLet us know and we'll tell you what sort of love connection is happening there.
· The London NYC: The all-suite hotel on West 54th Street is offering two Valentine's Day packages--the Classic and the Modern. The Classic is pretty standard--flowers, champagne, bath salts and chocolates while the Modern offers a 60-minute in-suite couples massage, along with Gordon Ramsay Martini and assorted canapés prepared by the culinary team of Gordon Ramsay. Rooms start at $547 a night for the Modern package and $564 for the classic. Both packages include a stay in a London suite.
Hotel Social Media / Social Media / Hotel Design / Hotel Love / Exotic Hotels / Hotel Photography / → All Tags
Just in time for the holidays, a new social networking site has launched that allows users to create wish lists of all their favorite things from the web. Say, for example, you like the Loden Dager denim bathrobes at Hotel Americano; or this vintage photo of the original Ace New York building. By "fancy-ing" each new item, you start to build a virtual "collection" of stuff that allows other users to follow you, be inspired by your things, or recommend new things for you to like.