Tag: Fourth Of July HotelsView All Tags
Fourth of July Hotels / Washington DC Hotels / W Hotels / Hotel Promotions / Rooftop Bars / Hotel Bars / → All Tags
Check the calendar today, as one month from now it will be Independence Day. There’s still plenty of time to plan your Fourth of July festivities, but if you’re looking for a suggestion—and have money to burn—look no further than the W Washington DC.
Obviously Washington, DC knows how to throw a national birthday party, and of course they will have the fireworks, the music, and plenty of patriotism. However, to take it to the next level you need to visit the rooftop bar known as POV at the W for what they’re calling Boom With A View. Here you’ll have a view of the Washington Monument, the Treasury Building, and maybe the best fireworks display in the whole country.
Fourth of July Hotels / DC Hotels / Manhattan Hotels / Chicago Hotels / Laguna Beach Hotels / San Diego Hotels / Newport Hotels / → All Tags
America the beautiful, we're ready to celebrate you on the 4th of July. (Shout-out to our new national treasure, Tim Howard.)
Still not sure what to do for the Fourth? Here are 8 hotels who want to BBQ and drink beer with you before cuddling up to watch the fireworks. Boom, boom, pow and room service!
W WASHINGTON DC: The restaurant at the W is currently closed but the P.O.V. rooftop bar and its incredible views of the Washington Monument is still open. Tickets to the Boom with a View party are sold-out BUT if you book a room package, you'll get two tickets to the shindig. Rates start at $345 a night. You can book your reservation here.
CONRAD NEW YORK: The hotel's rooftop Loopy Droopy bar has killer views of the Statue of Liberty and the Hudson River, as well as adult ice pops to cool off with during the holiday festivities. Room rates start at $259 a night tomorrow for a king deluxe suite.
THE JAMES NEW YORK: JIMMY, the rooftop bar at the hotel, will have killer views of the fireworks on the East River, along with special July 4th cocktails, live DJ, and gourmet twists on BBQ food like Kobe Franks in a blanket, mini grilled cheese with cheddar and apple and the signature JIMMY burger. Room rates this weekend start at $313 a night.
Fourth Of July Hotels / Hotel Deals / Hotel Packages / Palm Springs Hotels / Desert Hot Springs Hotels / → All Tags
It’s one of the Coachella Valley’s most unique retreats, and now you can get the midcentury classic Hotel Lautner all to yourself – for Fourth of July no less.
The John Lautner-designed hotel (though actually it’s more of a self-catering option with four self-contained rooms, each with a kitchenette and private terrace) will be closing for the hot months of July and August, but before it shuts its doors, it’s offering a special Fourth of July weekend package: buy out the entire compound, which gets you all four rooms, the saline plunge pool, fire pit and BBQ.
The package costs $1900 for the Friday to Sunday, or $2850 for Friday to Monday, including tax. Considering each room usually costs $225 plus tax – midweek, low season – that’s not too shabby.
Instead of our usual deals format, we are just listing a bunch of Fourth of July Hotel Deals that have come into our inbox. Whether you want to stay the night or just enjoy the fireworks, hotels are ready to accommodate! (But as always, do your own due diligence before you hand over the plastic.)
· Gansevoort Hotel, Meatpacking District: The hotel's Plunge rooftop lounge is open for table reservations for revelers to watch the fireworks burst over the Hudson River. The price is $250 per person (general admission is $50 a person) and a a full menu will be served featuring specialty themed red, white and blue cocktails. Call 212-660-6736 to book.
· Mondrian Soho: The hotel's Soaked rooftop is throwing a party called "Red, White and Juice" from 7pm-12:30am with a beer and wine open bar available from 7-11pm. General admission tickets (includes open bar) are $95 with table packages ranging from $2,500 to $6,000. The party will then continue late night at the Mr. H nightclub below the hotel. Call 212 389-1000 to book.
· Hudson Hotel: The Mondrian's sister hotel, The Hudson is throwing a party on their Sky Terrace. Tickets start at $40 and include a one-hour open bar sponsored by Moet Hennessy from 6-7pm. Table packages are available as well. The party will go until 11:30pm with music by Rawse, J. Schott and Brandon James. Call 212 554-6000 to book.
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
DEALS, DEALS, DEALS*
· COCONUT WAIKIKI HOTEL: Do the opposite of the mountain thing and instead book a room at the Coconut Waikiki Hotel in Hawaii. The JDV hotel is offering a bunch of discounts that increase if you stay longer. So stay two nights and get 10 percent off the Best Available Rate. But stay four nights and the discount goes up to 18 percent off the rate. The hotel also throws in complimentary coconut water, a sunburn survival kit and a behind-the-scenes neighborhood guide for all stays. Go here to book. Rates start at $289 on weekends.
· BUTTERMILK FALLS INN + SPA: This Hudson Valley hotel is offering a Summer Sojourn package that includes two nights in a deluxe inn room, daily country breakfast, a $50 spa credit towards any 60-minute or longer spa treatment and lunch for two prepared by the Inn's chef. Rates start at $480 for a two night stay (regular rate: $680.) The deal is only good for Sunday-Thursday stays and does not include taxes or fees. It's available until July 31 so call (845) 795-1310 to book.
· FOUR SEASONS, PEAK TO PEAK: Like to pamper yourself after a few days of roughingt? This summer the Four Seasons Hotels of Jackson Hole, Vail and Whistler are offering a Peak to Peak Summer Passport Package that will save guests up to 40 percent off on lodging if they book at all three hotels on their summer adventure quest. (The breakdown is (15% of nightly room rate at the second resort, and 25% at the third). If you book before October 27, Four Season will throw in a complimentary backpack filled with a customized selection of outdoor and adventure gear, including GoPro Cameras and mountain biking gear. To book, call one of the hotels directly. The package is good through October 27 but only at the three mountain resorts listed above. Just so you have an idea of what you're getting into, the Four Seasons Vail starts at $825 a night. Maybe that should be your last stop.
Hotel Nightclubs / Atlantic City Hotels / Fourth of July Hotels / Hotel Parties / Hotel News / → All Tags
After missing out on all the fun over Memorial Day Weekend, Revel HQ, the four-level nightclub venue inside Revel, is finally ready to make its debut. Kind of.
The nightclub's official opening date isn't until September, but it is hosting another "preview" weekend on July 6 (yes, another—the first preview was held on June 14, and Revel even posted photos on its website for your browsing pleasure). The club will open to offer revel-ers a taste of the bottle service, the bass-thumping DJs, the suspended stage, and all the rest of it.
Oh, and incidentally, this preview happens to coincide with a two-night run at Ovation Hall by a little known rapper called Kanye West. Ever heard of him?
In New York, like many places, how much you pay for a hotel room is often just as important as where you stay. And next month, that location factor makes a big difference, as you consider where you're going to end up partying on Independence Day and watching those fireworks. Here are a few happenin' places, all with rooms available on the big day...
Hotel Americano announced on its Facebook page that the famed High Line park would be closing down early on July 4, making the hotel's awesome rooftop a pretty great alternative. The bean bag chairs here are a lot of fun, and maybe the chef will even whip you up a hot dog in that fancy open kitchen in the lobby. Rates here start at $275/night—free WiFi included!
Hotel Delays / Hotel Openings / Hotel News / Manhattan Hotels / Hotel Rooftops / Fourth Of July Hotels / Hotel Restaurants / → All Tags
Yes, we were a little sad to learn yesterday that the opening of one of Manhattan's biggest-hyped hotels of the summer, Pod 39, is being pushed back to July 5.
Especially after taking a tour around the property, and, aside from all the construction happening everywhere, getting to see a bit of the hotel's bone structure. What we saw, we liked.
While being shown around, we heard a few things we already knew (all rooms will have private bathrooms, public space will be abundant), and we learned a few things we didn't. Like...a taco-themed restaurant concept will launch slightly after the hotel opens. Oh, and the brick-arched rooftop (pictured)? Awesome.
If you want to hit up Beantown for the Fourth of July, the Ames Boston is offering three ways to spend the holiday weekend at the historic hotel.
Patriotic history buffs (or Sarah Palin who needs a big brush-up on her Revolutionary history) will want to try the Explore package, which brings you all over the city to see spots where Paul Revere and the Puritans visited; homes of literary geniuses like Emerson, Hawthorn and Thoreau; and sites of the Boston Tea Party and Big Dig as part of the Boston by Foot Walking Tour.
Chicago canceled its big Fourth of July fireworks display this year, leaving it to Navy Pier to let the holiday go off with a bang. But you don't have to brave the crowds at the tourist trap to get a front-row seat to the fireworks. Swissotel Chicago can get you a room overlooking all of the Fourth of July festivities.
The hotel offers lakefront rooms that offer a great view of Navy Pier, which means you don't have to fight for a spot among the throngs of people and crane your neck to see the colorful 15-minute display.
Fourth of July Hotels / Hotel Pools / Dallas Hotels / Starwood Hotels / Luxury Collection Hotels / → All Tags
The best place to spend a hot, sticky Fourth of July is in a pool. But to really do it up in style, you'll head to The Joule for its July 3 midnight pool party that's part of a stay-two-nights, get-one-free deal.
The Dallas hotel's pool is incredible—we named it one of our top 10 death-defying rooftop hotel pools. It hangs off of the side of the building and gives the illusion that you are swimming off of the edge. A plexiglass window allows you to see the city while you splash about.
The Fairfax at Embassy Row is taking the whole patriotic red-white-and-blue idea in a whole other direction—a tasty one. If you stay at the Washington, D.C., hotel on Fourth of July weekend, you'll get a flight of red and white wines and artisanal white and bleu cheeses.
The aptly named Red, White and Blue package is perfect for food-and-drink fans who'd rather celebrate the holiday by boozing it up. However, if you still want to see some fireworks action, the package will also give you two round-trip Metro passes from the Dupont Circle Station—which is just a block from the hotel—to the National Mall, where you can watch the big pyrotechnics show.