Tag: FergieView All Tags
Infamous Hotels of the Week / Celebrity Scoop / Josh Duhamel / Fergie / Rihanna / Brett Favre / → All Tags
Strippers! Sex! Tell-All Interviews! Dead Bodies! Bad Rap Music Videos!
It always seems that no matter how much Celebrity Scoop we write about in a given week, there's also lots more that we didn't have time to get to. So from now on, every Friday we'll be rounding up the week's Infamous Hotels. This weekly list will include hotels that celebrities visited (and it made the news) but also hotels that really up the "Eww" factor. This can easily be done by have a decaying body in your hotel. Welcome to the dark side.
· St. Regis Atlanta: A stripper claims that she had "lots of sex" with actor Josh Duhamel in an $830-a-night suite here. The problem? He's married to Fergie of The Black-Eyed Peas. Both say the allegations are "absurd" but the pole-dancer passed two polygraph tests.
· The Gramercy Park Hotel: Rihanna has spoken out for the first-time about the horrible beating she suffered at the hands of Chris Brown last February. She did her sit-down interview with Diane Sawyer in a suite at the GPH.
· Gansevoort South: Someone keep Rick Ross away from Miami hotels for his rap videos. Here's the latest one, featuring Clipse.
· Radisson Paper Valley Hotel: Former hometown hero Brett Favre returned to Wisconsin with his new team, the Minnesota Vikings, and had to shack up in a so-so room in downtown Appleton like the rest of them.
· The Jane Hotel: Another reason to avoid hotels with SRO residents inside. A body at the Jane was left decaying for days, disrupting the um, sensory experience of one hotel guest.
Fergie (aka Stacy Ferguson) and Josh Duhamel finally got around to tying the knot last weekend in Malibu and the newlyweds are now reportedly at the Reethi Rah One and Only Hotel in the Maldives. Hmm...maybe they got the idea from our Top Five Best Hotels in the Maldives list.
We've always envied the private villas at Reethi Rah, some of which are on the beach and others that are above the waters of the lagoon. But in this economy, the only people who can afford to stay here are money-making celebrities.
The hotel has a honeymoon special that really doesn't seem so special, thanks to the restrictions on it. The package includes a five nights stay minimum, a candlelit dinner (booze not included), a signature honeymoon amenity and flower bed decoration. Honeymooners must show a copy of their invitation or wedding card for this deal. And the dinner is not combinable with any other offer. Um...ok.
Without the honeymoon "perks", rates are currently $1,750 for a private beach villa which comes with its own villa host and assistants. The two-bedroom Grand Beach villa with a private pool is $6,950 per night. Yes. PER NIGHT. Oh and don't forget, it costs $150 each way for the trip from the Male Airport to the hotel via its luxury yacht. We sincerely hope that Fergie and Josh got a price break here for being famous. Oh wait, nevermind. They can afford it.