Tag: CitizenM HotelsView All Tags
5 Best Hotels / HotelChatter Questions / London Hotels / Budget Hotels / citizenM Hotels / DoubleTree Hotels / Indigo Hotels / → All Tags
London is an expensive place to stay the night, that’s nothing new. Moreover, despite the influx of new hotels we’ve seen this year, a post-Olympics slump seems to have been avoided with particularly strong occupancy levels (i.e. the percentage of rooms filled with guests) after the summer’s events. That means it won’t get any easier finding a pleasantly priced hotel room in the city anytime soon.
So what to do if you want something sweet but easy on the wallet?
To help here's five London hotels that offer a bit of style without requiring a second mortgage or limitless credit card to enjoy them.
Hotel News Briefs / Manhattan Hotels / CitizenM Hotels / Gansevoort Hotels / Hotel Woes / Hotel Lawsuits / Wyndham Hotels / Virgin Hotels / Dorchester Collection Hotels / Hotel News / → All Tags
There's tons of New York hotel news flying around this week and we don't have time to give each and every story the love and attention it may deserve, so you will have to settle for some news briefs.
· CitizenM Times Square Is On Track For Summer 2013: European-based budget hotel chain CitizenM have been circling for a while now on a yet-to-open CitizenM Times Square property on 50th and Broadway. At the beginning of 2011, we were told the brand was shooting for a 2012 opening in Times Square (which obviously never happened). Now, CitizenM executive Michael Levie tells USA Today that construction is well underway, and that the 24-story, 240-room tower is set to open by next summer. What else? The company is also planning a second NYC location in Soho, set to open the following year.
In case you hadn't noticed, the 2012 Olympic Games started in London last week. We're bracing ourselves for the travel gridlock, a tube even more packed with people than it is normally, and hoping for a little bit of magic in the air at the same time.
Starting from today, the hotel has a free, two-week long programme "citizenM Reports", where you can learn to report on "everything but sports", covering aspects of London ranging from food to fashion to street art.
On Monday, we talked at length about the rooms inside citizenM's Bankside London Hotel, which just opened the other week. We're following up today with more on what you can find in the public spaces, including the living room / lounge area, restaurant canteenM, and first floor meeting rooms.
The expansive ground floor, much larger than in the earlier citizenM hotels, features ample space to lounge, work, and eat. You can see some of the various seating areas sprinkled around the space in the pictures, including a small courtyard with birch trees and bright red patio furniture.
There are plenty of tables to catch up on some work or your emails (remember, Wifi is free free free), or have a last-minute meeting using one of the flat-screen TVs to finish that presentation for tomorrow. Four complementary Macs can be found just beyond the courtyard on the left if you do not have a computer with you.
When we last stopped by citizenM Bankside in June, we thought the group's first London hotel looked nearly ready to go. Turns out we were right: soft opening happened a few weeks ago, and we were invited to attend a press preview just last week to get all the details on what will be a game-changing hotel for citizenM.
There's so much to talk about that we will break it down for you in two parts. First up, a bit of background on the philosophy of citizenM, their plans for London and beyond, and the rooms. We'll have more for you on the public spaces later this week.
Hotel Deals / Hotel Promo Codes / Summer Hotels / Hotel Opening Rates / Trump Hotels / citizenM Hotels / InterContinental Hotels / Paris Hotels / → All Tags
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
· Be The First Citizen at citizenM London For About 100GBP: The first citizenM Hotel in London will open in Bankside on July 5 and opening rates are 103.55 GBP a night. That's a special opening rate that's non-refundable but if you want a more flexible rate that can be had for just 109 a night. And remember all citizenM hotels have free WiFi. Go here to book your stay!
· Under 100 Euros for Mama Shelter Paris: Paris ain't cheap in the summer but with this new offer from the budget chic Mama Shelter in the city's 20th arrondissement you can spend the night in the City of Light for just 89 Euros. The deal is good from July 22-August 28th and we found it available on the night of July 22nd. However, it is non-refundable, non-cancellable and requires full payment at the time of booking so be sure you will be there if you book.
· Drink at the Longest Bar in Shanghai for Less : The PuLi Hotel boasts the longest hotel bar in Shanghai and now you can sip a blood & bitters at the bar, thanks to Tablet's latest private sale. Rates for the hotel are going from 1,176-1,876RBM ($185-$295US) down from 1,680-2680 RBM.
· Discover InterContinental Hotels in Latin America and The Caribbean for 20 Percent Less: If you're heading to either Latin America or the Caribbean this summer, there's still plenty of time to book InterContinental Hotel Group's “Discover Latin America and Caribbean” promotion which gives guests complimentary breakfast and savings up to 20 percent at more than 75 IHG hotels. That includes the InterContinental brand of hotels as well Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Expressand Staybridge Suites. And of course, those guests enrolled in IHG's Priority Club Rewards will earn points for their stays. Go here to book. The deal is good through September 1st for stays from now through September 15.
Construction has certainly made a lot of progress since we first got a peek via Foursquare; from the outside the hotel looks nearly ready to go. Work was ongoing this past weekend, but even the entrance / lobby looked like it was coming together.
Yesterday we spoke of all the new hotels coming to London's Southbank area but it turns out we forgot to include one.
An eagle-eyed commenter reminded us that CitizenM Hotels, the chic boutique hotel chain with capsule-like rooms, would also be opening near the Thames on Lavington Street. Indeed we even got a sneak peek of the construction on this hotel back in August. So far, the hotel is still scheduled for a 2012 opening. But there's even better news.
It's been nearly 6 months since we last checked in on modern, budget hotel chain CitizenM, but of course that was only to steal a peek at the construction of their London property. Now the interest blossoms as CitizenM announce that they're doing a Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport hotel to open in 2014.
230 guestrooms will form the freestanding hotel and, the property will be a quick skip to hook up with the buses and RER trains directly heading to CDG.
Not much else is known as the hotel for now; after all, it's still got a year and a half to build up and out. Rest assured that we'll keep our ears and eyes open, however.
[Photo: Art History Images]
Okay, here are two painfully obvious statements: We love hotels. We love Foursquare. Thus it's only natural that when modern-but-budget hotel chain CitizenM Hotels posts a photo to Foursquare, we perk up and pay attention. How fortunate too! This week, they added a very rough construction shot of their next property in development: CitizenM London Bankside.
So what can we see here? Well, apparently the underground support is all set and they're ready to begin building up some actual floors. By our last estimate, this CitizenM is scheduled for a 2012 opening, as is their first
New York City United States location north of Times Square.
So while all those CitizenM execs spend the next year hopping the pond between NY and London, we hope they continue to keep their Foursquare fans updated further.
Stalk Find them on Foursquare right here.
[Photo: CitizenM on Foursquare]
Hotel Openings / London Hotel Openings / Manhattan Hotels / CitizenM Hotels / Hotel Hype / Paris Hotels / → All Tags
CitizenM Amsterdam Schiphol
Back in September, we were nearly bonkers with excitement over the announcement that New York and London would be getting their very own CitizenM Hotels. Previously, we could only experience the seriously stylish budget hotels in Amsterdam and Glasgow.
Today we've got an update on the NYC and London locations...and beyond!
A CitizenM "citizen" tells us that the two London hotels--one at Tower Hill and the other at South Bank close to the Tate Modern Museum--will open in 2012. The New York one at 50th and Broadway in Times Square will also open in 2012. Hear that? That's us going bonkers again!
Yes! We’ve been waiting for a while now for citizenM to open its Glasgow property, and finally it’s here.
The citizenM Glasgow opened on Thursday and contains 198 rooms – or rather, pods – over eight floors on the corner of Hope and Renfrew Streets. It sounds pretty sexy, too – a red spiral staircase to reach the lobby, and a bar with huge windows looking out at the street below.
Don’t expect the rooms to be the same as the Amsterdam ones: the Glasgow property includes: