Tag: Christmas HotelsView All Tags
We've been chronicling OTT hotel holiday decorations every day here at HotelChatter but there are even MORE hotels out there with fun festivities planned for the holidays. And we wouldn't want you to miss out. So if you're looking for somewhere to stay in the next, say, 13 days, one of these hotels below might just be what you are looking for. (No golden rings, turtle doves or lords-a-leaping but rather, martinis, Santa and polar bear swim trunks!)
1. The InterContinental Toronto Centre: The Centre is aptly presenting a Home for the Holiday’s package, welcoming guests with thoughtful seasonal touches such as a miniature live Christmas tree and homemade gingerbread cookies as a greeting in the New Feature guest rooms.
2. Cheyenne Mountain Resort: Holiday package starts at $109 and includes overnight accommodations and one child's entry into weekend program activities. Every Friday and Saturday leading up to Christmas, the hotel will host a variety of holiday activities and events. With this package, guests will also receive 20 percent off all food and beverage purchases in any restaurant including holiday dinner buffets, but excluding alcoholic beverages and Santa Sunday Brunch. The holiday program also features a variety of specials on seasonal beverages and spirits available in the hotel's Will Rogers lounge.
Holiday Hotels / Holiday Hotel Decorations / Christmas Hotels / London Hotels / UK Hotels / Hotel Rooftops / Hotel Cinemas / → All Tags
The world is officially in "Countdown to Christmas" mode and now, so are we. Every day until Christmas we'll be featuring a hotel that's in a holiday mood--whether it be with gigantic gingerbread houses, over-the-top Christmas decorations, thrilling lighting displays and best of all, Santa appearances. But of course, any hotel can assemble a fake tree, put on some lights and declare themselves "festive." Which is why we're looking at hotels that are really going ALL OUT. Know of a hotel that's super excited for Christmas? Let us know!
Let’s face it: At the beginning of the Christmas season, we have warm, fuzzy thoughts of snuggling in front of the fire with a hot toddy in hand and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on the telly. Next thing you know, we’re fighting with crowds in malls, dragging the Christmas tree through the damn door, and making grocery lists for the three full days it’ll take to make all those holiday family feasts. Where did that warm, all-over glow go?
The Berkeley Hotel in London’s Knightsbridge is doing all they can to bring that fleeting festive feeling back with their rooftop Winter Cinema.
Known as a happening rooftop terrace overlooking Hyde Park in the summer, the hotel’s Health Club & Spa has transformed the space into a pine-filled forest with twinkly lights, rustic-chic wooden chalets built for two and a cinema screen more than large enough to accommodate Jimmy Stewart’s face.
Christmas Hotels / Hotel Christmas Trees / Holiday Hotel Decorations / London Hotels / Manhattan Hotels / Colorado Hotels / Bangkok Hotels / Florida Hotels / Paris Hotels / San Francisco Hotels / Hotel Lobbies / Hotel Art / → All Tags
It's beginning to feel a lot like...a tropical Christmas?
Hotel delays exasperate us. Booking last-minute hotels sometimes stresses us out. So excuse us while we take a minute and just focus on the one thing that's guaranteed to bring us some joy: big, bright, colorful, and unnecessarily elaborate hotel Christmas displays.
Go on, click through our photo gallery and let the holiday magic unfold!
Chicago Hotels / Christmas Hotels / Peninsula Hotels / Hotel Ice Skating Rinks / Hotel News / Hotel Amenities / Hotel Lobbies / → All Tags
’Tis the season to believe in magically appearing hotel amenities that pop up where you least expect them. For example, a new 2,100-square-foot ice skating rink that's going up this month on top of The Peninsula Chicago. The rink, which will be built on the rooftop (pictured above), is scheduled to debut within the next week.
Believe it, friends, believe.
A source at The Peninsula shared that the new rink will offer hot cocoa and German-inspired snacks and treats, like mulled wine, cider, warm nuts and pretzels. The only downside? The ice rink will only be available exclusively to hotel guests. Which may cause a few temper tantrums, but we think it's a smart move to allow guests a joyous skating experience, minus the crowds (if you’ve been to Chicago’s Millennium Park skate rink, then you know what we mean).
Holiday Hotels / Chicago Hotels / Christmas Hotels / Pet-Friendly Hotels / Hotel Restaurants / Sofitel Hotels / Trump International Hotels / → All Tags
Let your pooch whisper her list to Santa at Hotel Allegro's Santa Paws event
It’s that time of year when it’s totally permissible to loose your mind over last-minute shopping, dinner with the in-laws, and over-the-top bouts of feasting, drinking, and spending.
Hotels follow suit, too, with their own spin on holiday madness — something we couldn’t miss at Chicago’s most festive hotels. A Posh Santa meet-n-greet for pets, Bûche bakeoff, and an elevator covered in sugar? Call it cray cray or wildly exciting, but we've just got to let you know what's going on here.
Hotel Amenities / Hotel News / London Hotels / Mandarin Oriental Hotels / Hotel Packages / Christmas Hotels / → All Tags
The holiday season is in full swing with tree lighting ceremonies and decorations popping up everywhere. Last week, the folks at London's Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park have decked the halls with more than boughs of holly featuring a holiday inspired package. The luxury hotel has gone all out with a partnership in more than decorations with the city's legendary department store, Harrods.
The festive decor was unveiled this week and we applaud them for waiting after Thanksgiving to the delight of both children and adults. A contemporary clay color scheme with pops of red and cream with help from poinsettias and custom, handmade baubles will get guests in the holiday spirit. Of course there's a Christmas tree and it dons Nordic-esque decorations and will act as the centerpiece for all holiday activities.
The youngest guests will think they stepped into Santa's workshop with a Confectionery Tree inspired by the Toy Kingdom located just down the block at Harrods. With VIP tickets to meet Father Christmas at the Harrods Christmas Grotto, the kiddies will be in toy heaven. The young-ones will also receive a 2012 Harrods Bear and delicious chocolates from the store's artisan sweet shop, Papabubble. The entire family will have to opportunity to see the kitchen and watch the chocolate being made in perfect 'Wonka' fashion.
Hotel Deals / Hotel Promo Codes / Curacao Hotels / Philadelphia Hotels / Christmas Hotels / Puerto Vallarta Hotels / B Hotels / → All Tags
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
· Fourth Night Free at the Hilton Curaçao: It's not quite as romantic as The Bachelorette's proposal-cation but for families looking to get away before school begins again, the Hilton Curaçaois offering a fourth night free from now through August 29th which also includes 50 percent off all meals for kids ages 6 to 12, a free stay for kids under 18 and a special children's welcome gift. We found rates in early August for just $169 a night. Book the package directly online from the hotel's special offers page.
· You Say It's Your Birthday and the B Ocean Resort Has a Deal For You: Want to celebrate your birthday with a hotel stay? Conside the B Ocean Fort Lauderdale which has special B Celebrated rates of $1 for birthday folks. Here's how it works--the first night is a regular rate starting from $139 a night but the second night is just $1. Aside from the two-night stay, the only other catch is that your birthday must fall on the second night. But really? For a $1, we think you can work around that.
· Turtle-Hatching Season in Full Swing at CasaMagna Marriott in PV: Here's another family-friendly vacation idea from the CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta--rescuing turtles. As endangered turtle eggs get ready to hatcoceanfront resort, guests can choose a baby turtle to name and send it on its way back to the ocean. A biologist is also on hand to educate guests about the endangered turtles. The hotel's Escape! package includes complimentary breakfast for two adults and two children under 12, pizza and a movie for one night, free entrance to the Kids Club for ages 4-12 and nightly milk and cookies turndown service. Rates start at $189 a night and are good through December 8. Use hotel promo code MAJ to book either online or by calling 800-228-9290.
If you’re in London today, you’ll have noticed that not many other people are. You may also have noticed that most of the shops have sold out of food like we’re about to have an apocalypse. Two things that might make you venture over to Dukes for Christmas dinner.
Because this isn’t just any Christmas dinner. The restaurant, 36, is doing an eight bird roast - in the words of the hotel:
a turkey stuffed with a goose, stuffed with a pheasant, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a guinea fowl and so on!
Or as we outside of the five star hotel business say, a turducken.
Hotel Christmas Trees / W Hotels / Christmas Hotels / Manhattan Hotels / Holiday Hotel Decorations / → All Tags
...And the award for most literal Christmas decorations in a hotel goes to the W New York. Walking into the lobby, it's a little tinsel tree and a few metallic mosaic tchotchkes all around, but go straight ahead and you'll see it: a TREE. No, really.
Their faux Christmas tree vertically spells out "T R E E." Sure, at first we just thought it was an awkwardly cube-shaped tree as W's attempt to be edgy, but it's so much more than that. It's...letters. Hmm.
Christmas Hotels / India Hotels / Vietnam Hotels / Singapore Hotels / Mandarin Oriental Hotels / Asia Hotels / → All Tags
Christmas merriment isn't reserved for countries in the global west, though Europe and North America certainly have cornered the market on gingerbread houses and chintzy decorations.
In far reaches of the world, hotels cater to a clientele of locals, expats, and tourists alike who enjoy their fair heaping of tinsel and egg nog. Today we're focusing on three Asian hotels spreading yule tide joy in spades, some sticking to tradition, some contributing their unique cultural touch to the holiday.
Although there's still several more days to go until you can rip through the presents underneath the Christmas tree, Hanukkah started last time, meaning gifts are already being opened as the candles of the menorah are lit, day-by-day. And although almost every hotel lobby wouldn't be caught without a massive Christmas tree, it's actually pretty rare to find a hotel menorah.
One standby for finding a menorah is the Waldorf-Astoriathe original on Park Avenue in New York City. Enter through the Park Ave doors and head up the stairs, past the Christmas trees and underneath the chandelier. Keep going and just before you hit the main reception area with its classic art deco details, you'll see this 5' tall gold menorah.
Hotel Rides / Paris Hotels / France Hotels / Holiday Hotels / Christmas Hotels / Hotel Packages / Hotel Deals / → All Tags
Thanks to the Shangri-La, Paris can add more reserves to its romantic cache. If strolling the City of Lights' snowy streets this holiday isn't enough to sate your taste for the maudlin, guests of the hotel can book a horse drawn carriage ride from December 23-27.
The tour will take you and your S.O. to the Trocadero, located across the Seine and providing prime views of the Eiffel Tower for you and your sweetheart to "ooh" and "aah" over with delight. Shangri-La's old-fashioned carriage—a white stunner complete with top hat-clad driver—is perhaps the closest some may get to feeling like Cinderella, without fear of the equine-led ride turning into a pumpkin at midnight.