Tag: Brett FavreView All Tags
Infamous Hotels of the Week / Celebrity Scoop / Josh Duhamel / Fergie / Rihanna / Brett Favre / → All Tags
Strippers! Sex! Tell-All Interviews! Dead Bodies! Bad Rap Music Videos!
It always seems that no matter how much Celebrity Scoop we write about in a given week, there's also lots more that we didn't have time to get to. So from now on, every Friday we'll be rounding up the week's Infamous Hotels. This weekly list will include hotels that celebrities visited (and it made the news) but also hotels that really up the "Eww" factor. This can easily be done by have a decaying body in your hotel. Welcome to the dark side.
· St. Regis Atlanta: A stripper claims that she had "lots of sex" with actor Josh Duhamel in an $830-a-night suite here. The problem? He's married to Fergie of The Black-Eyed Peas. Both say the allegations are "absurd" but the pole-dancer passed two polygraph tests.
· The Gramercy Park Hotel: Rihanna has spoken out for the first-time about the horrible beating she suffered at the hands of Chris Brown last February. She did her sit-down interview with Diane Sawyer in a suite at the GPH.
· Gansevoort South: Someone keep Rick Ross away from Miami hotels for his rap videos. Here's the latest one, featuring Clipse.
· Radisson Paper Valley Hotel: Former hometown hero Brett Favre returned to Wisconsin with his new team, the Minnesota Vikings, and had to shack up in a so-so room in downtown Appleton like the rest of them.
· The Jane Hotel: Another reason to avoid hotels with SRO residents inside. A body at the Jane was left decaying for days, disrupting the um, sensory experience of one hotel guest.
Brett Favre...are you in or are you out? Active or retired? Healthy or injured? QB for the Minnesota Vikings or not? Whatever it is, please make up your mind soon. That's because your whole family has a huge block of rooms reserved at the Best Western Midway Motor Lodge near Lambeau Field in Wisconsin reserved for November 1 when the Vikings play your old team, The Greenbay Packers.
Favre is expected to sign with the Vikings soon, unless a recent surgery on his arm has some undesirable consequences. But even if it does and Brett decides to choose retirement once and for all, the Midway Motor Lodge has a fairly flex cancellation policy.
The group isn’t required to guarantee payment for the rooms until 45 days before the check-in date, so it can cancel the reservations in the next two months without financial penalty. [Hotel Manager Doug] Warpinski said Favre’s family and friends routinely stayed at the hotel for home games in Favre’s final five years with the Packers.
If Favre does end up playing for the Vikings and will be QB for the Green Bay game, then at least you know where he might be headed once the game is over. PS. The hotel also has an indoor pool.
[Photo: AJC Blogs]