Tag: 2013 Hotel Openings ListView All Tags
When we released our Master List of Worldwide Hotel Openings for 2013 we promised we'd be keeping tabs on these hotels throughout the year. And we weren't playing around.
Aside from giving 5 hotel openings we're excited for and putting some hotels on the naughty delayed list, along with another 10 hotels to get psyched about, we're now doing monthly check-ins on the hotels listed on that master list. We'll also be highlighting some new properties that didn't initially make the list. As usual, we could always use your help. So drop in your hotel openings, hotel delays and new hotel tips in comments below!
· Added 3.12.13 The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal opened on March 12.
· The ME London finally opened on March 1.
· The Kempinski Ambience Delhi opened in late February (with the Dalai Lama's blessing too!)
· Holiday Inn Express in Philly opened in late February.
· Hotel Zetta in San Francisco opened on February 18.
· The Jade Hotel NYC opened on Valentine's Day.
· Nobu Las Vegas opened on February 4.
· 21c Museum Hotel in Bentonville opened in early February.
· The Mandarin Oriental Guangzhou opened in early February.
· The Hotel San Souci in Vienna opened in late January.
· The Parkroyal Pickering in Singapore opened in mid-January.
· Tune Hotel Edinburgh opened in mid-January.
It's a new year and we've got a brand-spanking new list of hotels set to open in 2013. Warning: it will make your head spin.
As usual, China and India are still going strong, thanks to Starwood Hotels' obsession with those regions. In particular, their Sheraton brand is opening like gangbusters all over China. Interestingly, there are only two W Hotels opening in 2013 but W's spin-off brand, Aloft, is primed to debut in multiple places both abroad and in the U.S.
Speaking of the U.S., we're seeing a bit of a resurgence on the homefront with new properties, again from Starwood's family of brands but also from Hilton Hotels where DoubleTree and home2suites are steadily expanding. Of course, New York is getting a batch of new hotels, but so is Miami, Silicon Valley and randomly, Alabama.
Also, still going strong is the Middle East which will get several new luxury options (are there any other kinds?) from St. Regis, Fairmont, Ritz-Carlton and Waldorf Astoria. And it looks like Russia is going to have a good year as well with the Hotel Indigo and a Four Seasons coming to St. Petersburg.
And while this list looks lengthier than ever, in doing our research we noticed a heck of a lot more openings scheduled for 2014. In fact, we better get started on that list now!