Looking through the rest of their policies, it seems like this hotel was burned badly by a few bad wedding guests/parties and is now taking no chances of it happening again.
However, as tempted as we might be to try a charming historic inn in the Hudson River Valley, the policies of the guest house for regular guests are also a turn-off.
Here's what else you should know about staying at the Union Street Guest House. Brace yourselves.
· "We only accept cancellations via email and you must receive a response from us in order for you to have an approved cancellation. "
· "There will be a $35 charge for any cancellation (per room). Cancellation of a reservation must be made at least 15 days prior to your arrival date for a non wedding reservation to receive any type of refund. "
· "We do not give credits for future stays. If we have not worked out a mutual agreement for a credit within 29 days from the date or your reservation we will no longer honor any type of refund. We do not refund any fees that may have been added to your charge."
· "Payment may be made in cash, check, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Please note that quoted rates do not reflect sales tax and handling fees which will be added at the time of payment."
· "We are not responsible for left, lost or stolen Items. If you leave something in your room we will do our best to recover it for you. However, due to our small staff, we do not guarantee when or if it will indeed be returned. If you need the left item right away we recommend that you call a shipping company and have them pick it up from us. Please call us ahead so that it will be ready for pick-up."
· "Please ask us before you make your reservation if you have a question about a gift card. We only honor certain gift cards and at certain times/days of the year. We do not accept gift cards or gift certificates without prior notification. You will be charged up front per a regular reservation and refunded when you present your card or certificate upon arrival."
[Photo: Union Street Guest House/Facebook]