Opening This Month: New Hotels for September 2014
September 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Finding a hotel room is easy. Simply go on the Internet or use your smartphone and voila! You're booked. But if you are only interested in new hotels, then that's a different story. Luckily, you have us. And we're obsessed with new hotels. Here's a list of hotels that have opened or are opening this month (and a few that aren't going to make it.) Got a new hotel to add? Send it to us!
· HOXTON HOLBORN: The newest Hoxton hotel in London will open on September 25. While rooms are small, starting at 150-sq.ft. (eek!) with names like "Shoebox" and "Snug" to boot, they are quite affordable with opening rates ranging from $220 a night to $270 a night. All rooms also have 300-thread count sheets, rain showers, free WiFi, and complimentary breakfast bags.
· MONDRIAN LONDON: The Mondrian at the Sea Containers building in London is all set for its September 30 opening with rooms starting at 200 GBP a night. That's for a queen bed in a teeny tiny, 312-sq.ft. room. But it is opening when it says it will. On property will also be a riverside restaurant, run by New York chef Seamus Mullen, a seasonal cocktail bar from Ryan Chetiyawardana A.K.A Mr. Lyan, as well as a rooftop bar with sweet city views.
· W BEIJING: This W hotel, near the Forbidden City, has been through many delays but the September 30 opening date is holding steady. However, room rates for September 30 were not yet available so we're not exactly confident the hotel will open on that day. Starwood Hotels, however, is opening two other very important hotels in China this week. Read about them here.
· DELANO LAS VEGAS: Delano does the desert, starting with a 10-ft. tall, 126,000-pound divided boulder from the Nevada desert placed at the entrance. The all-suite rooms feature white furniture, flat-screen TVs, plug panels and Malin + Goetz toiletries. Downstairs are two new restaurants and lounges while the former THEhotel's Bathhouse Spa remains on the 2nd floor. Alain Ducasse's Mixx resto is open on the 64th floor but will re-open as Rivea sometime in 2015. Read more on Delano here. Room rates start at $115 a night with a $25 resort fee.
· ELEMENT HOTEL FRANKFURT AIRPORT : The first Element Hotel in Germany just opened the other day with 133 studios and one-bedroom suites, work spaces, free WiFi, and fully equipped kitchens. Breakfast is included in the room rate, there’s a 24-hour grab-and-go pantry if you have a flight to catch, as well as Spanish restaurant Limones. Rates start around $117 a night.
· MOXY MILAN: The first-ever Moxy Hotel from Marriott opened near Milan's Malpensa airport on September 1. The 162 rooms are outfitted with sound-reducing walls, 42" LCD flat screen televisions, free WiFi, comfy bedding, deep-seated armchairs and Rituals toiletries. Downstairs is a 24/7 Cafe serving sandwiches,to-go salads, craft beers, wines and even cocktails. From now through October 31, Moxy is offering a special opening rate of €55 Euros a night including VAT (city tax will apply).