· THE ARCHER: At last, we get to see what the mysterious Archer Hotel concept is all about. Rates for the Garment District hotel in NYC start at $314 a night this weekend for an Archer King Empire View (guess what the view is of.) That includes free WiFi, complimentary in-room Nespresso machines and David Burke Group’s "Burke in the Box" room service. Chef Burke also has a restaurant, fabrick, and a bar downstairs too.
· HAM YARD HOTEL: We went all around London's newest hotel yesterday and the flagship property for Firmdale Hotels did not disappoint. We were completely bowled over by the presence of a the four-lane bowling alley beneath the hotel. Rates start at 378 GBP this weekend which is heart-breaking but the hotel does include WiFi. Yippee!
· PARK HYATT VIENNA: We gave you a first look at the newest Park Hyatt way back in November so we were pleased to see it open as scheduled on June 1 (after missing a 2013 opening, of course.) Hyatt Hotels website is having some issues this morning but we expect the rates to be in the vicinity of 400 Euros a night. Thankfully, that includes free WiFi.
· SOFITEL SO SINGAPORE: We just recapped this hotel's opening for you here but the design-forward SO brand from Sofitel (Karl Lagerfeld did the emblem) is offering a SGD100 F&B credit with your room booking. We found a So Comfy Room with the F&B credit for SGD440 (about $351) a night on a Saturday later in June. The deal only lasts through the summer.
· MANDARIN ORIENTAL TAIPEI: The best available rate for a deluxe room starts at $549 a night. No, internet is not included. Not unless you create a special MO profile and book directly through the hotel.
· B OCEAN RESORT FORT LAUDERDALE : The first hotel to ever B a part of the B Hotels & Resorts has turned into the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Hotel. Not much will change at the hotel aside from the name and we're happy to see that free WiFi remains but we suspect all the B-branded services and amenities will disappear. Rates this weekend start at $199 a night.
NOT GONNA MAKE IT
·HOMEWOOD SUITES MIDTOWN MANHATTAN: Yet another delay for the first Homewood Suites for NYC, opening in Times Square. Supposed to open on June 1, the hotel is now accepting reservations for July 1.
· W BEIJING: This hotel has known quite a few delays and now we've got another one. We've had the opening pegged as June 3 (today!) for a while but a visit to the hotel's website shows us the opening will happen on July 31 instead. We shall see if that really happens.
[Photos: Ludlow Hotel; Even Hotels; Archer Hotel/Facebook; HotelChatter; Park Hyatt Vienna; Sofitel So Singapore; Mandarin Oriental Taipei/Facebook; HotelChatter; Homewood Suites; and W Beijing]