Today's The Long-Awaited Opening Day for Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage
Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage in Palm Springs is reason alone to get excited. But this opening is doubly important because it actually took SEVEN YEARS for this hotel to happen. (It's a long story, which you catch up on here.)
But opening woes aside, the Ritz is a welcome addition to the desert luxury scene which has been lacking as of late. Here's are some highlights of the new Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage:
· Private balcony or patio with your guest room
· Asprey bath toiletries
· State Fare Bar + Kitchen serving local sourced dishes, classic American cocktails and a serious collection of American Wines.
· The Edge Steakhouse, opening in the fall, with its own dry-aging room, "remarkable" prime steak and seafood and a dramatic cliffside setting
· The Air Pool, a necessity here, will also have a poolside bar. Pina coladas for everyone!
· A 15-room Ritz-Carlton spa with a hair and nail salon too.
Rooms start at $369 a night for a king room this weekend. (The club level rooms at the Ritz will open later this fall.) There is also a $30 resort fee which includes complimentary exercise classes in the fitness center, internet, morning coffee, bottled water, newspaper delivery and interestingly, the use of mountain bikes.