1. PUBLIC CHICAGO: Book your next stay at Public and the hotel will cover the taxes, for free, which his about a 16.4 percent discount. But you need to book before 5pm CST on April 18. Stay dates are valid from April 15-December 31, 2014. There are some blackout dates and limited inventory. Go HERE to book.
2. WESTIN NEW YORK GRAND CENTRAL: This hotel is throwing in the NYC lodging tax for free, which is about 15 percent off. You must book before May 15 for stays through December 31. Use the promo code TAXBRK when booking. Go HERE to book.
3. KIMPTON HOTLES: Kimpton is offering 25 percent off the daily rate for its InTouch Members at some of its hotels with outstanding pools from Dallas to DC, Phoenix to South Beach. The deal is good for stays through July 15 but you must book today to get the 25 percent off. If you book April 16-22, you will get 20 percent off. The deal ends on April 22. There are some black out dates and you must use the code POOLS.
4. HILTON SANDESTIN BEACH GOLF RESORT & SPA : This beachfront resort on Florida's Northwest Gulf Coast is offering a 48-hour Flash Sale starting at 12pm CST today for stays for this Easter weekend. Rates will be starting at $259 a night and includes free WiFi during the entire length of stay. Friday arrivals are required a two-night minimum and save $75, while Saturday arrivals are only required a one-night stay and save $50. Go here for more info on the resort but to actually get the deal you must call in-house reservations at 800-559-1805 and mention “TAXDAY” to book.
5. MARRIOTT HOTELS IN DC: The JW Marriott, Renaissance, and Marriott hotels in Washington, D.C. are offering 25 percent off the best available weekend rates for stays from May 2 through Sept. 9. This includes the new Marriott Marquis opening on May 1. But you have to book by April 17. Go HERE to book and use the code SPJ.
BONUS: HAND MASSAGES AT THE RADISSON BLU WARWICK HOTEL, PHILADELPHIA: If you're in Philly today, get yourself to the Radisson Blu. The hotel is offering complimentary 10-minute hand massage and $15 of wine from 4 to 7pm today. Hit up the hotel lobby for the hand relief and then head over to the hotel's restaurant, Tavern 17 for the discounted wine.
BONUS: A DRINK FROM SOLAGE CALISTOGA, NAPA VALLEY: This hotel has put together a "Bitter Deduction" to help ease the pain and frustration of doing your taxes. The cocktail is made with Rittenhouse Rye, Grand Marnier, Taylor’s Velvet Falernum, lemon juice, egg whites, and bitters. If you aren't in Napa but still need to take the edge off tonight, here's the drink recipe courtesy of the hotel's beverage director, Scott Turnbull:
· 2oz Rittenhouse Rye
· 1/2oz Grand Marnier
· 1/2oz Taylor's Velvet Falernum
· 1/4oz lemon juice
· 1/2oz egg white
· 5 dashes bitters
· Combine all ingredients and shake over ice. Strain into cocktail glass & enjoy!
[Photo: Solage Calistoga; Simpsons GIF via Giphy.com]