3. THE ACE HOTEL OCEAN: This seems so plausible but so isn't.
4. VIRGIN HOTEL ON THE MOON: In addition to joking about building a green skyscraper shaped like an airplane, Virgin joked about putting a hotel on the moon. But then again, if Virgin Galactic becomes successful we don't think a Virgin Moon Hotel will be that far behind.
5. TRADERS HOTELS ZERO GRAVITY HOTEL ROOM: Really, no explanation needed here.
6. MOVIE TITLE SWITCHEROO
My hotel pulled a sick April fools in the child movie section pic.twitter.com/szSV0k4O1T— Sam Burton (@British_Burton) April 1, 2014
We're actually hoping this isn't a joke and just a technical glitch. If it's a joke, it's a sick one.
7. CITIZENM "SELLING" a HOLIDAY INN FRONT DESK ON CRAIGSLIST
Actually, a crafty marketing ploy and a throwing down of the gauntlet to Holiday Inn Hotels. Here's the item description:
Mahogany wood-effect surface.
Length = 12 feet, height = 4 foot, 6", depth = 3 feet.
Includes desk bell (broken), and 200 numbered room keys (some missing).
Staff not included (Xmas tree neither). 99 Bucks. No delivery.
Selling because we don't need fancy front desks, we have super speedy, self-service check-in instead.
8. NO COOKIES AT A DOUBLETREE HOTEL: This can hardly be considered a joke since they mentioned it was an April Fools Day prank in the description. They should have committed to it a little more.
BONUS HOAX!: A free chicken at check-in and more at the Travaassa Hotels.