2. Kimpton at Union Station: It was just announced a few weeks ago that Kimpton would open a second property in the city, adjacent to Union Station. Scheduled for late 2015, it will have 200 rooms and is still without a name.
3. Art Hotel: The reason it's called the Art Hotel is somewhat related to the fact that the interior decorating will be focused on modern art, but mostly because it will be across the street from the new $120 million Colorado History Museum and next to the Denver Art Museum in an area known as the Golden Triangle, or the Museum District.
4. Aloft Downtown: Now scheduled to open on October 23rd (previously it was to open in July), this property is replacing an old abandoned lot on the corner of 15th and Stout. It is expected to have about 140 rooms.
5. Westin at DIA: This monster 519-room property will open in 2015 and become part of a "Hotel and Transit Center" upon the completion of the train from downtown to DIA in 2016.
6. Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center at the Colorado National Bank: It might be a mouthful, but what's in a name? This Marriott property is opening in April with 230 rooms in the Colorado National Bank building and should impress with its large monogrammed bronze doors, marble flooring, bronze accents and vaults with 60,000-lb doors.
[Photos: I Must Go There/DowntownDenver/Mile High Development/Denver Post/Renaissance Downtown]