· W WESTWOOD LOS ANGELES: Mark Eberwein is now the new general manager of W Hotel in Westwood. He comes to the property from the W San Francisco where he was the Director of Operations. he's also held the title of Director of Food and Beverage, and Certified Sommelier at The St. Regis Deer Valley in Park City, Utah. A sommelier and a general manager? Impressive.
· UNION STATION HOTEL, NASHVILLE: Raymond Minias is now the general manager of the Untion Station Hotel, an Autograph Collection Hotel, bringing with him 25 years of hospitality experience. He most recently served as hotel manager of The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville. Prior to that, he held director of food & beverage positions at The Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park, Calif.; Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara, Calif.; Rosewood Crescent Hotel in Dallas, Texas; San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara, Calif.; and The Palace of The Lost City in South Africa.
· THE BENJAMIN HOTEL: The popular NYC hotel has appointed Steve Sasso as general manger. He will oversee all operations, finance, sales and marketing efforts for the 209-room property which recently showed off a $10 million renovation. Sasso joined Denihan Hospitality, which runs The Benjamin, three years ago as hotel manager of Affinia Manhattan, followed by general manager assignments at Eastgate Tower, Affinia Gardens and Affinia Dumont.
· DORSETT SHEPHERDS BUSH : Dorsett Hospitality has appointed Hilary Cross as general manager for Dorsett Shepherds Bush, the group's first hotel venture in Europe, opening in May. Cross will be responsible for the pre-opening activities, strategic business planning and the post opening hotel operations and performance. Previously, Cross was the General Manager for K West Hotel & Spa, London and had worked at St Martins Lane Hotel and Kensington Close prior.
· STANFORD COURT: The San Fran property in Nob Hill is under new independent management and now has a new general manager as well. (It was previously a Renaissance Hotel.) Michael Baier will oversee the relaunch of the hotel brand which will be rolled out throughout the year. A Bay Area native, he's worked in management positions at the Wyndham Parc 55 San Francisco-Union Square, hotel manager at the W San Francisco and director of operations at the W Dallas-Victory.
· ROSEWOOD GEORGIA : The Vancouver luxury hotel has named Glenn Eleiter as hotel manager. He will now "oversee guest experiences at the historic hotel and maintain the superior luxury standards synonymous with the Rosewood brand." He comes to Rosewood from the L’Hermitage Hotel in Vancouver, where he was general manager. He began his hotel career with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts in 1991, remaining with the brand for 11 years.
SALES & MARKETING
· THE CARLYLE: The iconic luxury hotel in NYC, a Rosewood Hotel, has appointed Ernesto Floro to director of sales and marketing. He is now responsible for developing and implementing new sales and marketing strategies for the property. Previously, he held the same position at The Mark, another top luxury hotel on the Upper East Side. Before that, he was the director of corporate and entertainment sales for the St. Regis New York and the regional sales director for The Peninsula New York.
· ROSEWOOD LITTLE DIX BAY: All these announcements are coming up roses! Another Rosewood hotel also has a new director of sales and marketing. The Rosewood Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda has appointed Angus Pitkethley to the position. Previously, he held the same position at several international hotels including, the Marriott Hotels of Brussels, Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill and Sydney Harbour Marriott.
· THE WESTIN LA PALOMA RESORT & SPA: Matt Brody is the Tucson resort's new director of sales and marketing. He will be responsible for the formulation of all sales, marketing, and public relations activities for the 487 room resort and country club. Previously, Brody was with Marriott International as the director of sales and marketing at the 575-room J.W. Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa and the 1100-room Renaissance Grand. He also spent almost a decade with the famed Walt Disney Company in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
· STANFORD COURT: In addition to a new general manager, the Stanford Court has named Austin Philips as their new director of sales and marketing. He joins the hotel from the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, where he served as associate director of sales. Previously, he was director of business travel and leisure sales at Wyndham Parc 55 San Francisco-Union Square.