Opening This Month: New Hotels for February 2014
Sick of all the hotel openings stories yet? No? Good, because here's another one!
Finding a hotel room is easy. Simply go on the Internet or use your smartphone and voila! You're booked.
But if you are only interested in new hotels, then that's a different story. Luckily, you have us. And we're obsessed with new hotels. Here's a list of hotels that have opened or are opening this month (and a few that aren't going to make it.) Got a new hotel to add? Send it to us!
HOTELS OPENING IN FEBRUARY 2014
· RITZ-CARLTON KYOTO: The newest Ritz-Carlton, Ritz-Carlton Kyoto, will open on February 8 on the banks of the Kamogawa River. It's also close to Kyoto's downtown districts of Gion, Kawaramachi and Pontocho streets. Inside the guest rooms, you'll find complimentary WiFi, “Kyoto Shabon-ya” soap and seasonal bath salts, Asprey toiletries, Japanese “IMABARI” robes and towels and Nespresso machines. On the property, there's a spa and fitness center, two restaurants (one Italian and one Japanese) and two bars, including a lobby bar. Rates start at 68,500 Yen on opening night. That's roughly $675 USD.
· THE BROOME NYC: The intimate, 14-room Soho hotel with an open-air courtyard and rooftop deck, will open on February 14, Valentine's Day. How fitting. Rooms start at $260 on opening night. Go here to see more photos of the property.
· METROPOLITAN BY COMO, MIAMI BEACH: Looks like the new luxury spot in Miami Beach is now taking reservations for February 18 and on. (Previously, the hotel was supposed to open in December and then January.) We found an opening offer for $364 a night. If you book the advance purchase rate, you can save a little more at $352 alight.
· CROWNE PLAZA JFK AIRPORT: Not the most glamorous opening but probably the most useful as the area keeps getting hit with snow storms and travel delays. The nine-story Crowne Plaza is the seventh CP in the NYC area. It offers free WiFi, free parking, extended dining and bar service hours and even a zen room for yoga and meditation. And it's the only JFK airport hotel with a Presidential Suite. So take that. Rates start at $199 on Friday night.
· THE GODFREY: The cool-looking cubist-inspired Godfrey Hotel opened, as promised, over the weekend. Inside, there's free WiFi, an elliptical lobby decked in marble, a full-service restaurant, and a small spa. The 221 guest rooms come stocked with bathrobes, L'Occitaine bath products, and lots of fun-sounding high-tech features. Rates start at $109 a night.
· GENERATIONS RIVIERA MAYA: This new all-inclusive, all Suite, all Butler, all Gourmet beachfront resort in Riviera Maya also opened over the weekend. Rates start at around $218 per adult per night in March.
· EASYHOTEL GLASGOW: The uber-budget easyHotel brand has returned to Glasgow with rooms at just £19.00 a night.
· THE KINZIE: Formerly The Almafi Hotel, The Kinzie has been completely jazzed up with rooms starting at
at $159 for tomorrow night.
· THE SOUTH BEACH HOTEL: The hotel is currently in the midst of some major renovations but even though it's grand opening is next month, the South Beach Hotel is accepting guests now. Rates start at around $175 a night.
NOT GONNA MAKE IT
· HILTON CABANA SOUTH BEACH Not sure what's the hold-up at this new Hilton but it's pushed back the February opening date (which was previously the January opening date which was formerly the December opening date) to March 19. We hope that sticks.
Were you hibernating in January? See what hotels opened last month!
All photos courtesy of the hotels listed