5. $26 hot dog: That’s Canadian, mind you, and the dollar’s down. This baby was made with Wagyu beef, topped with braised short rib, sauerkraut, pepperoncini, and pommery mustard and was, perhaps the best dog we’ve had. You should have it because it is so decadently indulgent.
6. Happy staff: We asked, and they told. What this means for you is pretty terrific service. We’re not putting this to you as a challenge to tax the staff, like we did throughout our stay (“We want Cortland apples, can you get ‘em?” is simply one such example). We found that despite our 90210 behavior, all was done quickly and with a smile.
7. Custom cocktails: There’s nothing like moseying up to the bar in a dimly-lit, people packed, and sexy lounge—on the 31st floor, no less--and confidently ordering a not-on-the-menu drink. Now you know that this is the one to get: the Press Me Hard Ginger with tequila, ginger beer, ginger, lemon and agave syrup.
8. Bio-Seaweed Mani: This is a gel manicure and, while these are not new, when they say this one lasts for three weeks, by gum they mean it!
9. Outrageous delicacies: You can find some well done reinterpreted classic dishes and then some out of this world wacky stuff—Honey caramelized bacon dipped in chocolate anyone? Yes, it actually works!
10. Hanging with heavy hitters: Whether Bay Street bankers (think Canada’s Wall Street) or NBA players, this is the place to see and be seen. The only 5* in Toronto’s financial district, it’s also close to restaurants, shops and galleries.
Rates in February start at $455 CAD ($409) and suites at $505 CAD ($454).
[Photos: Janice Tober]
While Janice stayed as a guest of the hotel, opinions expressed are most definitely her own.