4. More Last-Minute Deals: We were stoked to have gotten the best deal on a Kimpton Hotel straight from the source and we want to see more hotels do this.
5. Stop Announcing, At Full-Volume, Our Room Number: This happened to us in the fall and we were quite appalled. Someone needs to go back to training.
6. More Mobile Check-Ins: We're ready to use a mobile check-in option from these hotels in the future but wouldn't it be great if even more hotels adopted this technology in 2014? Bonus points if they offer keyless entry too.
7. Room-Temperature Rooms: One of the very first things we do when we walk into hotel rooms is to turn up the thermostat. Actually, a lot of the times we turn it off completely. No air, no fan, nothing. Why do hotels always think colder is better? Are they trying to ice us out of the room so we go downstairs and spend more money at the bar or restaurant? If you're having problems controlling your room temp, read Jaunted's tip on VIP Mode.
8. Keep Room Service: Some hotels might think room service is no longer a necessity but we completely disagree. Viva La Room Service in 2014!
9. Opening When They Say Will: How many times have we planned a hotel stay for a certain time, only to discover the hotel has pushed back their opening date? Quite a few times this year, actually. We understand that hotels are often at the mercy of the city they're opening in, with all their permit and inspection requirements. Still, there's nothing wrong with offering a "conservative" opening date and then surprising us by opening earlier.
10. No More Fake Designs: Before you start bragging about a famous artist's designs in your hotel, make sure they aren't fakes.
11. Think Before Putting Out Free Mini-Muffins: If a hotel wants to commemorate an important moment in history, that's fine. Just take some time to think about your offerings.
12. Stop Ripping The Sheets: It's sad but true. We've encountered ripped hotel sheets several times before. It's usually the fault of an ironer that presses the sheets after they've been laundered.
13. Stop The Streakers: 2013 saw a lot of people running around naked in hotels with one man even crashing a wedding in the buff. And we used to think walking around in the lobby in your hotel robe was bad!
14. Toilet Privacy: This sounds like a no-brainer but quite a few hotels have been tearing down the walls of the bathroom to put toilets out in the open. Um, NO.
[Photo of Marriott Minimuffins via @Eclectrica/Twitter; All other photos: HotelChatter]