Super Bowl XLVIII: Where to Party at a Hotel for The Big Game
The Super Bowl is getting closer and if you've not scored tickets to the game (likely), you'll still be able to participate in all the festivities happening in NYC (even though the game is in New Jersey.) Hotel rooms are still plentiful but that's only half the part of the celebration. Here's a running list of where you can watch the Big Game from the comfort of a hotel.
We've divvied it up between private viewing parties and come one, come all parties. We'll be updating this list too so if you know of party to check out, send it to us. *
PRIVATE VIEWING PARTIES AT HOTELS: Real ballers will have their own private Game Day party in a hotel suite.
· Trump Soho: You can rent out one of the Trump Soho's eight penthouse suites for a killer private viewing party. The penthouses range from 1,600 to 2,300 square feet, including the premier Duplex Penthouse that features two 46-inch Bang & Olufsen BeoVision 10 televisions and the Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A9 sound system. The suite can also be decked out in your team's colors and with catering provided by the hotel’s Executive Chef Desmond Lim. You can even get an autographed piece of memorabilia from one of the team’s players. Interested? Call 212.842.5500 or email TrumpSoHo@TrumpHotels.com. The suite rates start at $4,000 but does not include decorations, catering or memorabilia.
· Mandarin Oriental NYC: You can choose to watch the game in either the hotel's signature Presidential or Oriental Suites, both of which have views of the city skyline. A fully-catered tailgate will be brought to your room with the "tastiest stadium snacks" done with a gourmet twist. Like nachos with braised short rib and white bean chili, Kobe Beef Sliders with avocado and jack cheese, and Coney Dogs with ale mustard and sauerkraut. Also included are an array of desserts, a Champion bucket of beers, and a bottle for Louis Roederer’s “Cristal” Champagne (at an additional cost.)
Rates begin at $17,800 for the Oriental Suite and $23,800 for the Presidential Suite. The package is available Feb. 1-3, 2014 or Feb. 2-4, 2014 with a two night minimum stay.
· W New York Hotels: The W Times Square, W New York and W Downtown will be offering private Skyboxes for groups up to 25 on Super Bowl Sunday. For $350 per person (plus tax and tip), you'll get an exclusive W Skybox (converted meeting rooms), a projection screen with HD view of the game, a five-hour open bar and tailgate inspired bites. Go here for more info on how to book.
· Waldorf Astoria Tower Suites: Fan can book one of the 123 suites in the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria with leather recliners and sofas, big screens TVs and projectors, gourmet game day staples and an open bar of whiskeys, bourbons and craft beer. The hotel’s Towers Suite Specialists are ready to build your ideal Game Day viewing party. For availability and pricing, call a Suite Specialist at 212-872-1211.
OVER THE TOP HOTEL PARTY/PACKAGE
☛ Sofitel New York: Looking for some game tickets, say, about 20 of them? The Sofitel has you covered. Their Ultimate Super Bowl Experience package includes 20 tickets to the game in Section 300 of MetLife Stadium, along with group transportation to and from the game, 10 luxury suites (double occupancy) for three nights, arriving Friday, Jan. 31 and departing Monday, Feb. 3rd with late check-out. The package also throws in breakfast for 20 daily at Gaby Brasserie Française and transportation to and from the airport. Taxes, fees and gratuities are all included. But it will set you and your friends back $100,000. Omg. Not sure if you love the Broncos or Seahawks that much. But if you do, call (212) 354-8844 for reservations.
BIG GAME HOTEL PARTIES: Don't care much about the teams but want to catch the game and try some tasty grub? These parties are your speed.
· The Strand NYC: Starting January 27 through February 2nd, The Strand is getting in The NFL Zone, offering a bunch of drink and food specials that will culminate in a rooftop tailgate party at Top of the Strand complete with a DJ.
· Crowne Plaza Times Square: The hotel is hosting a Super Bowl Tailgate in the Brasserie 1605 restaurant atht includes a Game Day Buffet with tailgate fare and unlimited access to the Unlimited Beer Blast. You'll be able to watch the games as well as look out at Broadway and Times Square and the Super Bowl festivities taking place there. The deal is $125.61 per person, including tax and gratuity. The buffet begins at 5:30pm.
· Gansevoort Park Avenue: The Gansevoort Park Rooftop will kick off their party at 3pm with $6 well drinks, $5 Jameson shots $12 beer pitchers and 50 cent wings, prizes and more! Down on the ground level, the game will also be airing at Asellina and at The Windsor sports bar, showcasing the game across 16 total screens.
· Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC: The Plunge Rooftop will broadcast the game in the newly renovated Loft with signature cocktails. Guests can also watch at the hotel’s new restaurant, The Chester, located on the ground floor, with the game airing across 8 flat screens.
· Pop @ Pod 51:
The Pod 51 Hotel, and Pop Burger has a special open bar offer at their resto, Pop @ Pod starting at $65 that includes unlimited beer/wine, wings, and sliders for the duration of the game. Sol buckets and Amstel Light draft specials will be offered all weekend (prices TBD) and there will be a raffle for prizes (prizes TBD.)
· W Times Square and W New York Downtown: From January 27-February 2, he Living Rooms at these W Hotels will be airing the game and serving up some specialty drinks inspired by tailgating fare (Jalapeño Popper Margarita and Barbecue Bloody Mary.)
*Please keep the party descriptions and info short and sweet.