Opening This Month: New Hotels for January 2014
January 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Sick of all the hotel openings stories yet? No? Good, because here's another one!
Finding a hotel room is easy. Simply go on the Internet or use your smartphone and voila! You're booked.
But if you are only interested in new hotels, then that's a different story. Luckily, you have us. And we're obsessed with new hotels. Here's a list of hotels that have opened or are opening this month (and a few that aren't going to make it.) Got a new hotel to add? Send it to us!
HOTELS OPENING IN JANUARY 2014
· LOEWS REGENCY: At last, the power breakfast spot on Park Avenue is re-opening on January 16th after closing for nearly two years for a mega-makeover. Rates for a luxury room king, shown above, are going for $479 a night.
· HILTON GARDEN INN CENTRAL PARK: Not to be outdone by the two Marriott brands that opened near Central Park recently (see below), Hilton is opening a Hilton Garden Inn on W. 54th Street and Broadway on January 27th. Rates on opening night are going for just $139 a night.
· ACE HOTEL LA: The newest Ace Hotel opened in Downtown Los Angeles last week. Here are 14 things to dig about it. Rates are going for $199 a night.
· THE WILLIAM NYC: This luxury extended stay hotel near Bryant Park opened on January 6th. The key word here is "extended stay" as the hotel only accept guests who are staying 30 days or more. Of course, they may make exceptions. Rates vary depending on the length of stay.
THE LINE: LA's Koreatown hotel, The Line, should have opened on December 11th but it actually soft-opened last week. Regular rates start around $240 a night.
· RESIDENCE INN CENTRAL PARK and COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT CENTRAL PARK: These two hotels are part of a "two-pack" hotel building near Central Park. The building is now the tallest hotel in North America. Rates start at around $229 a night for the Courtyard and $249 a night for the Residence Inn.
NOT GONNA MAKE IT
· METROPOLITAN BY COMO, MIAMI BEACH: This hotel was supposed to open in December and then in January, but it looks like February 14 is when the hotel will open for real. You can make a reservation at the hotel for Valentine's Day for a grand opening offer of $543 a night.
[Photos: Loews Regency; HotelChatter and Metropolitan by Como]