You Say Goodbye To Summer, Hotels Say Hello to Winter (Deals)
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
DEALS, DEALS, DEALS*
· Unlimited Kids Club and More at The Regent Palms, Turks & Caicos: Right now the Caribbean resort is offering a "Double Your Credit, Double Your Fun" package that offers a third night free, $100 credit per night, full American breakfast, high-speed internet and unlimited use of Conch Kritters kids club during your stay. Call 866.877.7256 or visit regentpalmstci.com. Use code DYC to book.
· Soar Over Napa Valley at The Wydown Hotel: This 12-room boutique hotel on Main Street in St. Helena has put together a Soaring Over California package that includes a one-night stay and a sunrise hot air balloon flight over Napa Valley. The deal also throws in some pre-flight coffee and pastries, a champpagne breakfast at Michelin-starred Solbar at Solage Calistoga and roundtrip transportation. You can also upgrade the package to either the "Royal Treatment" which will get you a tour of the Castello di Amorosa, Dario Sattui's authentically-styled, 13th century, 121,000-square-foot Tuscan castle-winery or the "Vineyards by Horseback” which features a guided 90-minute horseback ride through the Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards and a wine-tastting. The package begins at $424 per person with the Royal upgrade for $26 per person and the horseback upgrade at $120 per person. For reservations, call 707-963-5100.
· The Luxer Side of The Waldorf Astoria, For Less: The original Waldorf Astoria in NYC is offering their high-end suites starting at just $699 a night for a Tower Suite. You can also pick the residential apartments from $1,299 a night or splurge on the penthouse suite at $1,999 a night. We found a regular Towers room for $599 a night in late September so just a $100 will get you a suite. For more information or to book now, go to www.waldorfny.com or call 800.925.3673.
· Desert Season Kicks Off at The Willows Palm Springs: The Willows Historic Palm Springs Inn will reopen for the 2013-14 season on September 11 with special rates starting at $275 a night (normally they are priced from $325.) Each stay also includes a three-course breakfast, evening wine and hors d’oeuvres and en suite and poolside snacks. But hurry as that rate is only good through the end of September. To make a reservation, call 800.966.9597 or reserve online at www.TheWillowsPalmSprings.com. Room selections are available on a first come, first-served basis.
· Summer is Over, But There's Already a Countdown to Winter: Destination Hotels & Resorts sure is happy to see the sumer go. Today, they are offering discounts at 40 of their winter destination hotels from Denver to Lake Tahoe, Vail, Aspen, Miami and even San Diego. From now through October 15, you can get 30 percent off your hotel bookings. We normally leave our hotel bookings until the last-minute but with discounts like these, it would be silly to wait so long. Go here to book.
*PEOPLE: As always, read the fine print before you book. Several flash sale sites require full payment at the time of booking and offer no refunds. Other sites have strict cancellation policies. Be sure to read all of these before you hand over your credit card. Or we will spank you. And not in a "hurt so good" way.
[Photo: Regent Palms Turks and Caicos]