· LOEWS BOSTON: John Maibach has been appointed general manager and Lisa M. Tiernan as director of sales & marketing. Maibach was previously the general manager of The Copley Square Hotel where he oversaw an $18 million renovation. This should come in handy as the Loews Boston begins its own renovation and repositioning this fall. Tiernan is a veteran of the Boston hotel industry, having spent 21 years working for many top notch hotels including The Fairmont Battery Wharf, XV Beacon Hotel and Swissotel Boston.
· ST. REGIS SAN FRANCISCO: Gena Chen is the new director of catering and event management for the luxury hotel.. Most recently, she was the director of catering and conference services at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Before that, she was director of conference services at The St. Regis New York. She's worked at the St. Regis in DC as well as the Four Seasons there so she's capable of handling some powerful crowds.
· LE SERENO ST. BARTH'S:Samy Ghachem is the new general manager for luxe St. Barth's getaway spot. He comes to the job from FROSCH-NY, a travel management company, where he was managing director. Before that, he worked for Air France where he was responsible for the creation, launch and development of SkyTeam Alliance for both North and South America. So oui, he does parlez vous Francais.
· THE PLAZA, NEW YORK: George Cozonis has been named Managing Director of The Plaza, a Fairmont Hotel. Previously, Cozonis was General Manager of W South Beach. He began his hospitality career with Omni Hotels in 1983 and spent nearly 20 years with the company. Cozonis is actually a native of Greece which sounds, as Eloise's Nanny would say, "rawther" exciting.
· RAFFLES HOTELS: Switcheroo at Raffles! Simon Hirst is the new general manager of the Raffles Singapore. He comes to the property from Raffles Praslin in the Seychelles. Meanwhile, Christoph Ganster will take over for Hirst as GM for the Raffles Praslin. He comes to the property from the Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv in the Ukraine where he was also the general manager.
· HARD ROCK PALM SPRINGS: Hector Moreno will be manning the party spot that will be the Hard Rock Palm Spring when it opens in October. His official title will be Vice President and General Manager and not Party Rock Commander as we hoped. Moreno is currently the VP and GM at the Hotel Zoso, which is in the process of being converted to the Hard Rock brand.
· SEMINOLE HARD ROCK HOTEL AND CASINO: Drew Schlesinger is now vice president of hotel operations at this Hard Rock near Miami. Schelsinger has over 34 years of hotel experience having worked in hotels from New York City to Los Angeles and Sydney, Australia. Most recently, he was the general manager of the Warwick Hotel in Manhattan. Now, that's a change!
· CASAMAGNA MARRIOTT PUERTO VALLARTA RESORT & SPA: Eliane Barradas is the new director of sales for the four-diamond resort. She was previously the associate director of sales for groups and events at The St. Regis Mexico City. We hope the CasaMagna welcomed her with some tequila!
· HYATT REGENCY MAUI RESORT & SPA: Allan Farwell is the new general manager at Hyatt's Maui resort. He comes to the property from Indian Wells in California where he was the GM for six years. Farwell has over 35 years of hospitality experience, 23 of them with Hyatt as GM at various hotels. We bet he's stoked to trade the dry desert air for that lovely island breeze in Maui.