More New Hotels are Opening in Austin, Napa, Detroit and New Orleans
We've already had a busy morning as far as new hotels news goes. But there's even more. Here's a short list of new hotels coming to a city near you:
· Hotel Van Zandt, Austin: Kimpton Hotels will open a new hotel in Austin in 2015 in the city's historic Rainey Street District. The 16-story hotel will feature 322 guest rooms, over 12,000 square feet total event and meeting space, achef-driven restaurant, lobby cafe and pool deck and bar. Interior designer Mark Zeff will oversee the interior design of the Hotel Van Zandt and its restaurant. Kimpton has also made announcements for new properties in Savannah, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Palm Springs, Sedona and Grand Cayman so there will be lots more Kimptons to choose from in the coming years.
· Fairmont Austin: Speaking of Austin, construction should begin on the new Fairmont Hotel at 101.Red River Street later this fall, according to this report. The 1,000-room hotel will cost nearly half a billion to build and should open sometime in 2016.
· The Archer Napa: The Archer in New York City hasn't opened yet (that's happening early next year) but already they've announced a second Archer Hotel for Napa Valley. The Archer Napa will be a new-build luxury hotel at the First Street site of the former Merrill’s building, adjacent to The Shops at Napa Center. LogdeWorks and Zapolski Real Estate have partnered up on the seven-story property which will reflect "a casual elegance, organic to the Napa aesthetic. " No opening date has been set yet.
· Crowne Plaza Detroit: There's something shiny and new in Detroit again--the Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Convention Center. Formerly the Ponchartrain Hotel, the Crowne Plaza now features newly-renovated 367 guest rooms, common areas and exterior. There's also an indoor pool, a business center and a fitness center on site. Rates start at around $150 a night next weekend.
· Ambassador Hotel New Orleans: The Ambassador Hotel was recently purchased by Provenance Hotels along with GB Lodging, an NY-based hotel investment, development and asset management firm. The 165-room hotel will undergo a renovation that will "embrace the Ambassador’s one-of-a-kind location in a former 19th century coffee warehouse and celebrate the soul of New Orleans." Provenance Hotels, who have a few hotels in the Northwest will take over the hotel post-renovations. This will be the 7th hotel under their management. The hotel is currently open with rooms next week starting at $90 a night.
[Rendering of Hotel Van Zandt: Kimpton Hotels]