Happy Monday. Here Are 8 Things That Annoy Us About Hotels
It's Monday, a perfect day to get our latest batch of hotel rants out of our system. While we talk regularly of things in hotels that annoy us like resort fees, WiFi charges, fugly carpeting, anti-views and dirty rooms, here are some random odds and ends in hotels that have us exasperated. We know, we know, this is #firstworldproblems all the way. But we suspect you have a few of your own to contribute. So get ranting in comments below!
1. When the shampoo and conditioner toiletries are placed on the sink, instead of in the shower. So we have to step out of the shower, soaking wet and slipping on the floor, grab the bottles and hop back in the shower (or tub.)
2. Phones with short cords. We're not even sure why a hotel room has a phone with cords anymore these days but even worse is when the cord is super short so that the entire thing falls to the ground if you pick up the phone while standing up. Ouch!
3. No full-length mirrors. If college kids can buy $10 mirrors to put on the back of their dorm room doors, hotels can find a way to work in a full-length mirror somewhere.
4. Sloppily made beds. We already went through this one last week but we needed to mention it again.
5. See-through showers. Not everyone wants to be watched while they wash. At least give guests the option of privacy glass or you know, a good old-fashioned door.
6. Slow WiFi. We tend to give hotels with free WiFi a pass for having slow speed but we just shelled out $18 for hotel WiFi and it was slow to start and then randomly shut off during our browsing. This is 2013, people. There's no excuse for non-working WiFi.
7. No Slippers in a Luxury Hotel. If you bill yourself as a luxury hotel, then you will have slippers for guests in the closet. END OF STORY.
8. Dark Lighting. Dark hallways are one thing, dark lighting in the guest rooms, especially in the bathroom, are another thing entirely. As with the see-through showers, give us the option of making it as bright as we need. Unless you want us to frighten other guests away with a poor make-up or shave job.
What's bugging you about hotels these days? Tell us in comments below!