· FAIRMONT WASHINGTON DC: Timothy Kline has been named group sales manager for the 415-room luxury property. Previously, Kline was group sales manager for the Washington Court hotel in D.C. and was a Mid-Atlantic sales manager for Marriott International. So do presidents of countries get automatic entry into the Fairmont's President's Club loyalty program?
MARRIOTT MARQUIS SAN FRANCISCO: Chuck Pacioni is the new general manager of the 1,499-room hotel which is in the final stages of a $90 million renovation. He takes over for longtime general manager Dan Kelleher who was promoted to area VP for the region covering Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and Utah. Pacioni came to the Marquis from the Santa Clara Marriott where he was the GM there and oversaw that property's $30 million renovation. Let's hope he gets to enjoy the fruits of the renovation labor at the Marquis for a while.
· HOTEL CHANDLER: Mike Stewart is the director of sales and marketing at the newly designed NYC hotel. He joins the Chandler from The Empire Hotel uptown. He also spent six years before that in Seattle, Washington as Sales Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel and Director of Sales at Executive Hotel Pacific. Oh and in case you were wondering, Real Househusband Simon Van Kempen is no longer general manager at the hotel. Here's the new team in place.
· HYATT REGENCY HUNTINGTON BEACH RESORT & SPA: Sabrina Guerrero has been named associate director of sales. She will be responsible for the Washington, D.C. and surrounding market. Previously, she has held positions in Catering and Sales at the Hyatt Regency Los Angeles, Hyatt Regency Newport Beach and Hyatt Regency Monterey. Her sales team at the Hyatt Regency in Monterrey was also recognized by Hyatt in 2011 as Sales Team of The Year. We hope she can duplicate that success at one of Huntington's friendliest hotels.
· ALLISON INN & SPA: Lori Louis is now the Oregon Wine Country hotel's new director of sales. Previously, she was the hotel's sales manager. In her new role, she lead the sales and catering team group efforts and will oversee corporate meetings, social events and weddings. If Portlandia ever needs a spot to film a wedding scene, we hope they do it here.
· RANCHO VALENICA RESORT & SPA: Arielle Sutton is now the new Spa Director at the resort. Previously, Sutton was the Head of Spa Operations at the massive Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando. She was also named "Best Spa Director in the United States” by Starwood Hotels and Resorts in 2009 and has worked as a personal trainer with a concentration in weight loss and nutrition in DC. Perhaps should she weigh in on this topic then?
· HILTON OMAHA: Gordon Humbert is the new general manager of the largest hotel in Omaha. He joins the hotel from DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago-Downers Grove, where he was also the general manager. He has worked at Hilton Hotels since 1981, first in San Francisco and later in Chicago and Minneapolis. Now we bet he is already prepping for next year's Buffettchella.
· THE HEATHMAN HOTEL: Shawn Lee is now the director of Food and Beverage at the Kirkland, Wash. hotel. Lee will be responsible for the service operations of the hotel’s 90-seat restaurant, Trellis, as well as the hotel’s in-room and private dining and banquet operations. He comes to the hotel fro Parlor Collections where he served as head of operations of their high-volume restaurant and two bars, a 300 seat comedy club, Ultralounge night club, live music program, 14 billiard tables and full service banquet events. No word on whether he can put a pool table in the hotel but we think it might be worth a try!