Six Hotels With Pull To Create Their Own Tea Blend
Tea is a big thing. Really big, especially at hotels. Just last week, Shangri-La Sydney announced the introduction of a very special tea blend that is exclusive to their property and will brighten up even the perkiest of high tea services. The hand-picked single origin 100% pure Dilmah Ceylon tea is available in all 563 rooms and can be sipped in any of the restaurants including their new signature high-tea service. The special tea bags will also be found in all Shangri-La properties around the world.
The folks at the Shangri-La aren't the only tea connoisseurs. There are plenty of other exclusive brews at hotels around the world. Here's a sampling of what you can sample while staying or playing at these properties:
· The Langham: As the creators of the original English high-tea service, you could have imagine they would stake claim to one variety. In fact, the pink-hued hotels have four different house blends to tempt guests' taste-buds. The aptly named Langham Blend, Silk Road Blend, English Flower Blend and Palm Court Exotic Blend are all offered on their own or accompanying some freshly baked scones.
· Fairmont Hotels: Having hosted royalty, unique and high quality teas are a must. The Empress Blend by the Metropolitan Tea Company is fit for royalty. A blend of South Indian, Ceylon, Kenyan, Assam and Chinese teas, these leaves will leave you longing for more.
· Mandarin Oriental: Served with a side of freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, the Mandarin Blossom is a Chinese green tea laced with the essence of fresh mandarin oranges. This tea's citrus kick is used as a welcome refreshment for weary travelers.
· Mount Nelson Hotel: Cape Town's luxury digs features namesake tea, Mount Nelson Tea featuring the flavors of Darjeeling, Kenya, Assam, Keemun, Yunnan, Ceylon and ends with unique notes of rose petals grown in the hotel's very own gardens.
· The Peninsula Beverly Hills: Named after the hotel's posh restaurant, the Belvedere Blend and the 20th anniversary Tropical Peninsula Blend are feature teas to add to the pomp and circumstance of any meal in the Living Room salon.