Without further ado, here's our five reasons on why we are loving this new hot spot.
1. Granada is super new. It officially opened in November, so expect some introductory rates through spring. You can score a room for as low as $139 a night!
2. National Geographic recently named San Luis Obispo as the "Happiest Place in America." Seriously, you have vineyards, the ocean, great shopping and tons of outdoor activities just a lick away. The locals are insanely happy, and it has nothing to do with medical marijuana (at least, we think).
3. The Bistro is the restaurant the hotel built around. It's super chill with farm-to-fork dishes inspired by Spanish cuisine. It's also the new stomping ground for the locals, from Galaxy Samsung-toting surfer chicks and that crew of fist-bumping professionals to young families with name-brand strollers and anyone who just likes a good meal. Oh, there's also a Burning Man Tree planted under tempered glass shards. We heart.
4. The ice cream is made in house with liquid nitrogen. 'Nuff said.
5. It's also the only downtown hotel, so you don't really have much of a choice. And we're not going to lie, you wouldn't want to stay anywhere else anyway.
[Photo: Grenada Hotel]