Now You Can Pay for Your Stay with Google Wallet at Carlson Rezidor Hotels
Just the other week, we told you about Omni Hotels getting hip to Google Wallet. Now, another hotel group has joined the virtual billfold.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, whose brands include Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inns & Suites, is also allowing guests to store their Club Carlson loyalty program info in Google Wallet as well as letting guests pay for their stay using Google Wallet. Pretty cool and crazy convenient.
Apparently, Carlson has been testing this service since December 18th but they just went live with it on Monday. The Club Carlson loyalty program is not yet on Google Wallet (that will happen in early 2014) but it will allow guests to
access their account information, receive notifications and messages based on geo targeting and earn and redeem Club Carlson Gold Points. Currently, Google Wallet is only available to U.S. residents but Google Wallet holders can use the service to book a hotel stay globally.
Radisson Blu Philly
The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is actually all hooked up with the full portfolio of Google travel applications, such as Google Hotel Finder, Google Business Photos (which we wrote about the other week as well), Google Indoor Maps, and Google Mobile Click-to-Call. Here's an example of how it all works:
1. Do a Google Search for a hotel in a specific city
2. Google Hotel Finder pops up
3. Select the Carlson hotel you want
4. Use the Google Business Photos to get virtual tours of the inside and outside of the hotel.
5. Look for the "Buy with Google" button to complete your reservation. If you don't have a Google Wallet account, your information is saved securely the first time when they book a hotel through this method. And can be accessed in two clicks for the next hotel reservation.
6. Add your stay to your Club Carlson account in Google Wallet
7. Send your hotel review to HotelChatter. Oh wait, that has nothing to do with Google. But it's still a good tip. ;)
[Photo: Radisson Blu; Screengrab: HotelChatter]