· THE HARD ROCK CHICAGO: Hard Rock has partnered with Playboy for their formal New Year's Eve gala. Not only will partygoers ring in 2014 but they will also be celebrating the 60th anniversary of Playboy and the 10th anniversary of the hotel. Guests will be treated to top-shelf cocktails and champagne throughout the night as well as hors d’oeuvres, gourmet chocolates and desserts from the adjacent restaurant Chuck’s: A Kerry Simon Kitchen. DJs such as DJ Rex, DJ Maurice Halsted and DJ Kvon B will perform while Playmates Beth Williams and Raquel Pomplun will be hosting at the Playboy Masquerade Lounge. The party also will have a Hugh Hefner and Playboy Bunny drew up photo booth, a Playboy Treasure Hunt and midnight confetti storm. Tickets start at $135 for general admission and at $450 for table reservations. They can be bought here. Rates at the hotel (on their website) start at $259 a night for a deluxe king.
· FAIRMONT CHICAGO, MILLENNIUM PARK: The hotel will ring in 2014 at its restaurant, aria, with a five-course Celebration Dinner from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. The dinner is $62 a person and wine pairings are available for an additional fee. Go here to peep the menu. You're on your own for midnight though. Rooms at the hotel start at just $169 a night and include valet parking for anyone celebrating the New Year at the hotel. Go here to book and use promo code PNYY.
· HOTEL LINCOLN: Hotel Lincoln has regular rooms open for $169 a night on New Year's Eve but we say book the package with access to their J. Parker restaurant and rooftop. For $399, guests get two tickets to the J. Parker Rooftop NYE event, premium open bar from 8:00 PM – 1:00 AM, midnight champagne toast, DJs spinning throughout the evening, passed canapés throughout the event from Chef Paul Virant, overnight accommodations and a split of champagne, chocolate, and party favors upon arrival to the hotel. Go here to book.
· PUBLIC CHICAGO: The Pump Room at Public Chicago is offering several ways to ring in the New Year, starting with an early dinner seatings from 5 to 6:30pm at $65 a person (does not include alcohol) to the Pump Room party event from 9pm to 1am for $150 a person that includes premium open bar, passed canapés from 9pm-1am, a Champagne toast at midnight and special guest DJs all night long. The hotel is also offering a "Wake Up at Public" room package that start at $470 a night and includes two tickets to the party. Just beware it's a nonrefundable prepaid rate.
· THOMPSON CHICAGO: The newest hotel in Chicago is throwing a decadent New Year's Eve package for up to eight people that includes overnight accommodations for everyone in one signature Thompson Loft Suite and then seven additional Superior King or Superior Double rooms, valet parking and a welcoming bottle of Prosecco in each guest room, personal shopping appointment and three-hour Gold Coast shopping excursion with stylist April Francis, in-room manicure and pedicure provided by Beauty on Call, in-room make-up application by Siren Salon and in-room men’s grooming (haircut and hot shave or facial hair trim) by Angry Barber.
For the actual New Year's Eve party, the guests will get a champagne greeting at Nico Osteria, an exclusive cocktail reception with a one hour open bar consumption, seafood spread, and seasonal hors d'oeuvres, followed by a custom, four-course menu with complimentary wine pairings prepared by James Beard “Outstanding Chef” Award-winner, Paul Kahan, and served in Nico Osteria’s private dining room. Plus, midnight champagne reception in the loft which has views of Chicago from the top floor of the hotel. On New Year's Day, guests will get a selection of late-night snacks and hangover remedies provided by Dose Market, in-room massage appointments and a late check-out of 4pm. This package is available for booking now until December 25, 2013 at a rate of $15,000. Payment is due at time of booking; the package is non-refundable. Additional friends and family are welcome at an additional $1,500 per person. The package is not listed on the website so call Thompson Chicago at (312) 266-2100 and mention "New Year's Package.” Regular rates at the hotel start at $259 a night.