3. Vail Cascade Resort: Starting on Monday, Dec. 23, the Vail Cascade Resort will kick off its 16th day, onsite holiday guest program. Each day, the hotel will host complimentary guest activities, games or holiday performances such as bingo, ornament stocking decorating, caroling, gingerbread house making, magic shows, storytelling and s’mores by the fire pit. On Tuesday, Dec. 24, Santa Claus and his elves arrive at the Vail Cascade Resort giving kids the opportunity to make a white winter wish atop St. Nick’s lap. The Cascade Christmas ends on Wed., Jan. 1, 2014.
4. Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi Santa Fe: The Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi hides Zazi, the Elf on a Shelf,in a new spot each day. The Inn's Facebook page will give hints for where Zazi is hidden, and when children find Zazi, they can stop by the concierge and claim a prize. Additionally, Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi will play the Elf on the Shelf movie each weekend afternoon between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the Anasazi Restaurant will launch a special children’s menu for the holiday season.
5. Inn at Lost Creek: This hotel provides several holiday services, including decor and fully decorated trees in the suites and condos, complimentary gift wrapping, and fully catered holiday meals in suites and condos.
6. Omni Orlando Resort at Champions Gate: The Haute Holidays package is available now through Dec. 31, starts at $324 per night, and includes a cooking demonstration and three-course dinner designed by Executive Chef Robert Ash, daily breakfast in bed with personalized “His” and “Her” robes, Neiman Marcus Champagne Makeover with personal shoppers to coordinate a personalized look from head to toe, and a Mall at Millenia Shop & Stay VIP booklet.
7. Lavender Inn, Ojai, California: The December Holiday Package at Lavender Inn includes a complimentary Christmas Martini along with wine and cheese and Lavender’s famous organic homemade breakfasts upon arrival.
8. Shore Hotel, Santa Monica, California: As part of Santa Monica CVB’s “extra bedroom” initiative, the Shore Hotel is offering a special $249 rate with a complimentary upgrade for Santa Monica residents who book rooms for their guests (regular rate $299). The hotel will also offer guests surprise holidays gifts during the month of December and provide all kids with festive toys upon check in.
9. The Peaks Resort & Spa : The Peaks will offer in-room Christmas trees and holiday decoration, grocery shopping services, gift wrapping, and work with local transportation companies to provide shared shuttle and private car services.
10. The Fairmont Miramar Santa Monica: This ocean-front hotel has put up a sustainable yet stylish Christmas tree decorated by French swimwear company, Vilebrequin and featuring a pair of red swim shorts with polar bears on it. Guests who check into the hotel over the holidays will get a special polar bear ornament gift at turndown and an invitation to wear the Polar Bear Vilebrequin swim trunks. The hotel is also offering 15 percent off room rates this winter through April 30th. Rates start at $322 a night over Christmas week.
11. The Muse Hotel: From 6 to 8 p.m. every evening, two of Santa's elves will be in the hotel's lobby with shiny bows and colorful paper, offering complimentary gift wrapping to guests. For those looking to give back this holiday season while Santa's helpers wrap away, guests will have the option to make a donation to The Pajama Program, a nonprofit organization that provides new, warm pajamas and books to children in need throughout the United States.
12. The Chanler at Cliff Walk: The property offers guests complimentary transportation in their customized Buick Enclaves to anywhere they'd like to visit in Newport, including the decorated mansions and local shops.
[Photos: InterContinental Toronto, Rosewood Anasazi Santa Fe and Fairmont Miramar ]
Will McGough and Juliana Shallcross also contributed to this list.