Want a Spooky Ghost Story With Your Turndown Service? Check Out These Hotel Deals
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
DEALS, DEALS, DEALS*
· HOTEL GALVEZ, GALVESTON ISLAND, TEX. : This National Trust Historic Hotel of America (which also happens to be a Wyndham Grand), is offering its annual Ghosts of Galvez tour where guests can even use ghost hunting tools and even ghost smartphone apps to tract paranormal activity in the beachfront hotel. Afterwards, everyone can compare notes at dinner at the Galvez Bar & Grill, which is also a bit haunted. The package is offered on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays and starts at $229 per night, based on double occupancy. That includes includes the ghost tour, dinner and valet parking. Go here to book and use rate code PKGGHO.
· THE MUSE HOTEL, NYC: Kimpton's Times Square hotel, The Muse, has a light-hearted take on Halloween this year with their Spook & Shiver package. That includes two Halloween "Spookly Lych-Eye" martinis and a "spooky" appetizer at the NIOS restaurant, as well as a special candy turndown. Oh, and two tickets to the crazy freaky scary Black Out Haunted House at The Vortex Theater on 23rd Street and 11th Avenue. (You have to be 18 and older to attend.) Rates start at $499 a night. Go here to book and use promo code RIP.
· HERMOSA INN, PARADISE VALLEY, ARIZ.: This desert retreat is offering its own guided Hermosa Hauntings ghost tour where guests can brave a ghostly cowboy reflection in the mirror, glimpse a mystery lady in pink who walks by the pool and the ghost Lon, who likes closing all the doors to the casitas (a maid supposedly quit because of him). THe Hermosa Hauntings package includes two welcome creepy cocktails, a guided ghost tour and 10%off our best available rate. We found rates for $291. 60 a night for a Rancho room the weekend before Halloween. A larger Casita (which may be inhabited by Lon) starts at $345.60 for the same weekend. Go here to book and use promo code haunting to book.
· DOWNTOWN DISNEY RESORTS, DISNEY WORLD: Disney World is usually the most magical place on earth but it also gets a little spooky for Halloween too thanks to "Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party". Six Downtown Disney Resorts are offering their Fall Value Rates which start as low as $72 a night from now through November 30th. Participating hotels include the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel (from $69 a night), the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton ($99 a night) and the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown ($99 a night.) Go here to book.
· THE CURTIS HOTEL, DENVER: The always quirky Curtis Hotel is once again going crazy for Halloween with their annual "A Nightmare on Curtis Street” on October 26th. The scary shindig will include a room on the hotel's 13th floor which will be decked out in cobwebs and other creepy sights, a haunted welcome amenity of "frightful food", disco brunch for two at the Corner Office, including bottomless Bloody Mary's and Mimosas and valet parking. The package is only available on October 26th (not Halloween) so be aware of that when booking. Go here to book. Rates start at $236 a night.
*PEOPLE: As always, read the fine print before you book. Several flash sale sites require full payment at the time of booking and offer no refunds. Other sites have strict cancellation policies. Be sure to read all of these before you hand over your credit card. Or we will spank you. And not in a "hurt so good" way.
[Photos: The Muse Hotel and The Curtis Hotel]
Check out more Haunted Hotels here!
ATTN: HOTELS, SALES & MARKETING PEEPS and & PR REPS: If you have a legit deal to submit for HotelChatter, please send it along to Tips[AT]HotelChatter.com with the subject heading "For HotelChatter Deals" and with information in the following format:
· Hotel Name + Location
· Name of Package or Deal
· One brief paragraph describing package (no more than 200 words please!)
· Dates the package or deal is valid
· Any other terms and conditions the guest should be aware of
· How to book: Website URL, Phone Number and the Promo Code