· FAIRMONT CHICAGO: David Sher is the new Director of Food and Beverage at Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park. He will oversee all F&B operations at the hotel from the two restaurants, to the16,000-square-foot meeting space and 24-hour room service operations. Previously, Sher was the GM of Olive Leaf Restaurant at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers in Tel Aviv, Israel as well as the Director of Banquets at RIHGA Royal Hotel in New York; and Concept Director of Simply Zoup in Toronto. He joined the Fairmont family In 2010as Director of Food and Beverage at Fairmont Chateau Laurier.
· LAS VEGAS SANDS: David Horton is the new chief marketing officer for Las Vegas Sands. He will now be responsible for all sales and marketing functions, including revenue management, distribution strategies, guest experience, and product development. (No pressure!) Previously, he was the Global Head of Marketing for Hilton Hotels and Resorts.
· B OCEAN FORT LAUDERDALE: Lindsay Dufresne is the new B Experience manager at the hotel where she will facilitate marketing, social media and public relations initiatives through special events held at the B Hotel. Plus, she gets to have the cool job title of "Experience Manager."
· HOTEL MAX: This Seattle hotel has appointed Kevin Scott as general manager. He comes to the Max from the Galleria Park Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel in San Francisco, where he was director of operations. Before that, he was the market director for Off The Grid Services and was responsible for 15 weekly food truck markets with over 50 individually owned and operated food trucks. He also worked several jobs at the W San Francisco.
· LOEWS CORONADO BAY: George Allen is the new Director of Marketing for Loews Coronado Bay. Previously, he led sales efforts at top resorts in the San Diego area including La Costa Resort and Spa, La Quinta Resort and Club, Estancia La Jolla and L’Auberge Del Mar and most recently as the Director of Sales and Marketing at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa and Grand Pacific Palisades Resort.
· WOODSTOCK INN: Just in time for the leaf peeping season, Gary S. Thulander has been made president and general manager of the Woodstock Inn & Resort in Woodstock, VT, effective November 1, 2013. Previously, Thulander was the GM at the The Equinox Resort & Spa, Manchester Village, also in Vermont, and most recently was the general manager of the to-die-for Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in Saint Lucia. He was also named Hotelier of the Year in 2009 by the Anguilla Hotel and Tourism Association for his work at the Cap Juluca Resort.
· GRACE HOTELS: Grace Hotels has two new senior appointments following their expansion into New England. Stuart Barwise is now the General Manager of the newly acquired Mayflower Grace as well as Regional General Manager, New England. Ian Grant is also now the Regional Food & Beverage Director, New England. Both men came from US Hotels, the sister group of Grace Hotels, where they held the roles of Director, Hotel Operations, and Director, Food & Beverage Operations respectively.