In short, we were won over by the brand and will be seeking out Alofts wherever we can on future travels. They totally remove the scummy feeling you get when staying at a tired, cheap airport hotel chain, and make you feel human, rested, and ready for whatever life throws at you next.
Our favorite bits?
· The free water (almost unheard of!)
· Free WiFi (duh)
· Comfy, big bed in front of glossy flatscreen TV
· Lots of power outlets
· A cool selection of magazines
· Bliss products (even if they're the tiny variety or in a dispenser in the shower)
· A convenient location not only near the airport but a five-minute walk to Phoenix's light-rail system.
Then there's the stuff we didn't get to sample but totally will next time: the pool, the 24-hour grab 'n' go snack bar, and the w xyz bar.
It almost makes you wish for a delayed flight. (Almost.)
We paid a non-refundable rate of $109 a night for a room with a King bed back in December.