Play Peek-a-Boo with the High Line and Other 'End of Summer' Hotel Deals
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
· Get a Groupon for The ACME Hotel: We've been talking a lot about Chicago lately and if you haven't yet experienced the city's hot hotel scene, then consider this Groupon Getaway from Expedia which is offering the hip, Ace-like ACME Hotel for just $125 a night starting tomorrow. That will get you a standard king room for Sunday-Thursday stays, down from $208 a night. And it includes parking which is normally $29 a night. The Groupon has several different options with varying prices so you can see what works for you.
· Steamy Orlando for Just $125 a Night: It's hot in Orlando right now, like steamy hot. But that also means low hotel rates and the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek has cut rates by 40 percent for the month of August in honor of Customer Appreciation Month. That brings 'em down to a low of $125 per night if you stay two nights. Aside from staying two nights, the other catch is that you need to pay up front. Go to the hotel's special offers page and scroll all the way down to the Customer Appreciate Sale link to book.
· Calling Bargainistas: Discounted Ferragamo Hotels in Italy: The Lungarno Collection in Italy, owned by the Ferragamo family is offering a Fourth Night Free when guests book three consecutive nights at their hotels. That's a rare savings of 25 percent. The hotels include Hotel Lungarno, GALLERY Hotel Art, Continentale or Lungarno Suites. Go here to book. The offer is only valid for the month of August now.
· Beachin' It for 40 Percent Off at the Westin St. Maarten: It's not too late to book a Caribbean getaway in St. Maartan. Actually, waiting this long may have saved you 40 percent at The Westin St. Maarten. The resort's Sunsational Savings package starts at $189 a night and includes a fifthe night free along with complimentary breakfast for two daily and a complimentary upgrade at check-in if available. Best of all it's good for stays through December 18. Go directly to www.westin.com/stmaartan to book.
· The Standard at the High Line for $268 a Night: The Standard in NYC's Meatpacking District is often a pricey broad. But thanks to Quikbook's Invitation Only sale, you can moon, er, gaze at the High Line for just $268 a night the weekend of August 17-19. Rates on the Standard's own site were going for $335 a night. The sale is good for stays through September 3 although Labor Day Weekend, even on Quikbook, is pretty expensive at around $370 a night. If you're still interested in booking, do it now. Because this is a special sale, the discounts will end on Friday at 5pm EST. Don't forget to say hi to the headless man in front!
*PEOPLE: As always, read the fine print before you book. Several flash sale sites require full payment at the time of booking and offer no refunds. Other sites have strict cancellation policies. Be sure to read all of these before you hand over your credit card. Or we will spank you. And not in a "hurt so good" way.