Views: 48, 014,738
1. It would feel wrong to do a list like this and leave off Pitbull's shining tribute, in music video form, to the seedy underworld of Miami hotel sex-capades. Aside from actually being kinda catchy (what? you don't agree?), we feel inspired watching all the places Pitbull chooses to get it on: the elevator, the bathtub, and, yes, the bed.
Views: 4, 816, 854
2. We can't say for sure whether we'd feel entirely comfortable sleeping in (or even entering) a 30-story hotel that was built in 15 days. But, Chinese building codes aside, it sure is fun watching a time-lapse video of the whole thing coming together.
Views: 1, 940, 661
3. By accident, we stumbled onto this hilarious music video by self-described "YouTube celebrity" Julian Smith. In the clip, Smith and his co-star succinctly portray all the annoying little kerfuffles that arise when staying in an unknown hotel: nosy housekeepers, over-furnished bathrooms, and, of course, bad WiFi. But at the end of the day, there's always a winning amenity or two thrown in that make you shrug and admit, 'Actually, this is a pretty nice hotel.'
Views: 1, 499, 345
4. We've gone over the issue of where to stash your valuables when the hotel safe's battery is running low, but the guy who made this video brings up the worrying point that pretty much all hotel safes are vulnerable since they share a common 'master code' that overrides any combination preset by the guest. Oy. Incidentally, for more of our tips on how to deal with hotel safety issues, see our guide here.
Views: 510, 870
5. And, really, how could we forget one of our most beloved hotel klutzes? Rowan Atkinson may have been part of an awkward Olympics opening ceremony the other day, but his back catalog of Mr. Bean skits are pure TV magic. Here he is learning the wonders of the hotel TV remote. (If only Lodgenet had been around during this period, we think he would have found a few new uses for the app!).
Did we leave any off the list? Got a favorite hotel-related YouTube video you think we should check out? Drop a link in the comments below!