· 1. Hotel Bel-Air, Los Angeles: The posh hotel tucked away in the canyons of Bel-Air is offering a proper tea at Wolfgang Puck for your "Little Royals" on Fridays and Saturdays from 3 to 4pm that includes savory and sweet sandwiches, a variety of scones and a selection of pastries including a caramelized peach tart and a cream-filled chocolate dipped wafer cone. And yes, real tea will be served. The price is $36 per child which includes a secret gift. Adults are $60. For reservations call Wolfgang Puck at the Hotel Bel-Air at 310-909-1644. Best of all, you don't need to be a hotel guest to have tea!
· 2. The Plaza, New York: Finally, little boys have something to look forward to at The Plaza, which has long catered to little girls and their obsession with Eloise. An all-new "Knights of the Plaza" package includes a night in the hotel's Tower Suite, a royal welcome amenity, a picnic lunch at Belvedere Castle in Central Park, a welcome bag with assorted gifts including a $100 gift card to FAO Schwarz, a Plaza Prince (or Princess) robe and a disposable camera. Rates start at $1,345. If you have more than one aspiring knight in your family, it's an additional $440 per knight. Call the Plaza's very own Family Ambassador at 212-546-5219 to book or email at ThePlazaFamilyAmbassador@Fairmont.com.
· 3. The Grand Del Mar, San Diego: Forbes Travel Guide's new Startle.com. website discovered that the the Grand Del Mar's Equestrian Center offers kids horseback lessons (on size-appropriate ponies too) and riding day camps with trips to Los Peñasquitos Canyon. The hotel also has a proper kids' center called The Explorer's Club with both marine and canyon-related activities and games.
· 4. Trump International Miami: To celebrate the upcoming Olympics, the Trump Miami has put together a "Olympic Hopefuls"-themed curriculum at their Planet Kids children’s program from July 27 – August 12. Led by Master of Ceremonies, "Globie"--the resort's earth-shaped mascot and green initiative ambassador--children can participate in a variety of athletic challenges such as dive stick dynasty, gymnastics galore, leaping lots, team battle tennis, victorious volleyball and a beach obstacle course relay. Top competitors will even receive their very own Globie gold medals. Planet Kids is available for children ages 4-12. For more info, call Planet Kids at 305-692-5681..
· 5. Hotel Allegro, Chicago: The Kimpton Hotels' "Kids Rule" program is in effect from now through Labor Day and includes a bunch of kid-friendly freebies such as a Kids Hour in the lobby every weekend evening from 4 to 5pm with a popcorn machine, lemonade stand, Wii and board games. (Afterwards, parents can participate in the hotel's complimentary Wine Hour.) Kids can also learn about fun activities to do around town from the hotel's FUNcierge as well as participate in a tech-savvy scavenger hunt.
Got a great kid-friendly hotel you'd like to recommend? Shout it out in comments below!