Golf in the Desert or a Stay By the Bay Are All Options Thanks to These Hotel Deals
Deals: you want 'em, and surprisingly, everyone has 'em. Take a look at some of the latest hotel deals going around the internet today from booking sites, social media sites, flash sale sites and more. Don't forget to scroll down to see the HotelChatter-approved deal either. Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for. (But don't forget to tell us about your stay!)
· Red Eye Perks at Ink48: Ink48 in Manhattan's Hell Kitchen nabe has put together a package especially for folks arriving into town on the red eye. Available as soon as guests arrive at the hotel, the package includes a 20 percent discount on the jet-lag recovery treatment at the InkSpa, full use of the spa facilities (including the showers), a travel kit of Kerstin Florian products, 20 percent off breakfast at PRINT, complimentary luggage storage and early check-in if available. Rates start at $299, use promo code JETLAG to book. The deal is good through September 3, 2012.
· Desert Discounts at La Quinta Resort in Palm Springs: Summer in the Palm Springs desert means deals abound. Right now, the La Quinta Resort and Club (a Waldorf-Astoria hotel) is offering guests the chance to play all 90 holes on their golf course, along with guestroom accommodations, unlimited golf per person (because we guess 90 holes is not enough?), NO RESORT FEE and a $25 dining credit. Rates start at $157 a night. Call 1-800-598-3828 for reservations and mention the Desert Links package.
· The Last Days of Jumeirah Essex House for Low $200s: There's a rumor going around that the Jumeirah Essex House may turn into a Marriott (again) so if you want to experience the Central Park hotel before that happens, Quikbook is promising rates for as low as $216 a night this summer. However, we found rates at about $238 in August in the middle of the week which was an advance purchase rate. Still, a luxe hotel near the Park for below $250 is a rather good deal for NYC.
· The Athenaeum's After-Olympics Deals: The Olympics might have London hotels in a rate-jacking mode but if you want a deal, wait until August 14. That's when the Athenaeum Hotel is offering deluxe rooms from $579 a night (in US dollars) plus another 50 percent off a second room. That includes a bunch of freebies like full English breakfast, drinks and snacks from the mini bar, free WiFi and tax. Plus, kids under 12 eat free when dining with an adult, making it especially good deal for families. If you book more than three nights, the hotel will also throw in a one-way car transfer from either Heathrow or Gatwick airports. Five nights will get you a complimentary round-trip transfer.
· Vital Rates at the Hotel Vitale: The Hotel Vitale is one of the best hotels in the San Francisco. It's Joie de Vivre's best attempt yet at doing boutique luxury and thanks to Jetsetter, a room can be yours for under $300 a night. The flash sale begins tomorrow but we scoped out some rates and while a room at Vitale this Friday was just $299, most weekends are about $379 a night for the rest of the summer. Still, those prices are about $50 less than what's on Vitale's website. If you can, splurge for a room with a killer view. (See above.)
*PEOPLE: As always, read the fine print before you book. Several flash sale sites require full payment at the time of booking and offer no refunds. Other sites have strict cancellation policies. Be sure to read all of these before you hand over your credit card. Or we will spank you. And not in a "hurt so good" way.