5 Hotel Bikes To Ride This Summer
I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...
One of the best ways to take in the sights of a new city is by bike. And thanks to these five hotels, finding a bike to ride is as easy as requesting one from the front desk (so long as you're a hotel guest of course.) Here's where you can go cruising this summer in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Miami and San Francisco.
· Public Chicago: The Trek bikes are completely free for guests of the hotel. Ride it along Lake Shore or along the beach. Don't be embarrassed to ask the cute doormen for assistance.
Rates at the hotel this summer start around $169 a night.
· Soho Grand New York: Not only can you ride around Soho in a stylish bike at no cost but the hotel will pack up a picnic lunch for you with your choice of salad, half sandwich and San Pellegrino soda along with Pop chips and seasonal fruit. (Lunch is $15 per person.)
Rates at the hotel start around $400 a night.
See more bikes to ride after the jump!
· Oceana Beach Club Hotel: These bright blue Electra beach cruisers are free for guests to ride during their stay at this intimate oceanfront spot in Santa Monica, Calif. The hotel has about 17 bikes in total which is pretty impressive considering the hotel has only 70 rooms.
Rates at the hotel start around $375 a night.
· Townhouse Miami: While renting a scooter is a popular South Beach must-do, the Townhouse has beach cruisers available for guests who want to take it a little slower. There is a rental fee, however--$10 for three hours and $15 for up to eight hours.
Rates are $145 on Fridays and Saturdays and just $125 during the week. And that includes free WiFi and breakfast.
· The Clift Hotel: The hotel's fleet of lightweight Public bikes come in several different bright colors and are free to ride. (The hotel stores the bikes around the corner in case you are looking for them out front.) But just remember, this is San Francisco and those hills can be tricky-tricky.
Rates at the hotel start around $225 a night.
[Photos: HotelChatter; Oceana/Facebook; Townhouse Miami/Facebook and The Clift Hotel]