· 200 guest rooms with a mix of lacquered wood and sustainable materials, custom furnishings, king-size Duxiana beds, bath "sanctuaries" with glass-enclosed showers, Fresh toiletries and personal espresso makers.
· 11 junior suites, 10 one-bedroom suites and a handful of specialty suites including a triplex suite with a 1,200-sq.ft. terrace overlooking Central Park. (You can peep at the potential view here.)
· Dedicated "Quintessential Assistants" who will help you with whatever you need during your stay.
· A new signature restaurant billed as "haute-American" with a major chef in charge of the menu.
· A spa partnership with Fresh.
· A permanent art gallery featuring artwork by acclaimed Irish painter Patrick Graham.
There is a website for the hotel now but it's not quite working. We'll keep checking back on this and opening rates for you as Winter draws nears.
[Photo: Edgar Zuniga/Flickr]